I recently "moved" to Pittsburgh

So, the CONUS locals on 61.5 will be replaced by spot beams when the new E16 satellite is launched later this year, if at all.

But I notice that there are still a handful of CONUS locals on 77W (Jacksonville FL being one) that isn't listed as a spotbeam replacement on E16. I'm guessing there still will be a few CONUS locals left after E16 is up and operating?

Do you have WDSU? I am guessing this happens when the Saints are on 6. Can you still catch the local New Orleans affiliates over the air? I know that Dish has 11 New Orleans locals. I think Dish has 6 Baton Rouge locals (I think Dish is missing a CW affiliate although you could probably get a superstation if that is an issue; I even think D* is missing the MyNetwork TV Baton Rouge affiliate).

When we had cable with affiliates from both areas, some network programming would play at different times. WAFB airs CBS This Morning on weekdays (while WWL has not for decades due to the strong locals news rating at the time; of course, recent sister station WUPL started airing it a few years ago). I remember when independent WHNO aired it in the mid-90s. The Price Is Right airs at 10 AM on WWL while it airs at 11 AM on WAFB. I also remember when WAFB would air yesterday's show back in the day. The Young and the Restless airs at 11 AM on WWL while it airs at 4 PM on WAFB. I believe that the Late Late Show airs at 12:05 AM after The Insider on WWL; I think WAFB airs it at 11:35 PM.

WDSU airs Days of Our Lives at 1 PM while WVLA airs it at noon. I remember when WDSU used to air the last hour of Today an hour later.

WGNO airs The Chew at noon while WBRZ airs it at 11 AM in order to air an hour long newscast at noon.

WNOL now airs primetime shows an hour later in order to air The Simpsons from 7-8 PM.

The Baton Rouge channels come in handy when there is breaking news in New Orleans (especially when sister stations are not used to air the programming during breaking news coverage), local sporting events (as you mentioned) airing (especially when it is WVUE since Fox HD programming does not seem to be aired after its original airing date and time due to an affiliate airing different programming and especially when the games are coming from Cox Sports Television or ESPN), tailgate specials, Mardi Gras parade coverage (although it is just a day and one might be catching a parade anyway), and when WWL decides to air a random movie in primetime instead of CBS programming (although it has been a while since I saw WWL do this thankfully).

If you can catch most if not all the New Orleans OTA, then it probably would not be bad to also get the Baton Rouge locals. Some cable companies still offer both markets for some networks or a hybrid from both. You may want to see if you can pull in the Baton Rouge station(s) you want OTA before "moving."

I don't think I can pull any BR stations from my little $13 Walmart antenna...I have a hard enough time trying to pull in 6.2 (ME-TV) if I want to watch Batman or Twilight Zone. Maybe if I get a rooftop antenna then maybe I can pull a signal from BR but seeing as I actually live in the city the BR signals probably aren't strong enough to reach NO. But I remember when I was staying in the dorms at Nicholls State I used to receive (via Charter cable) ABC from BR and NO, NBC from both and CBS from both but only Fox from BR.

Here's a half serious question: Say Mr Joe Brown is travelling across the country in his RV for an entire summer; wouldn't he be obliged to tell Dish where he's at?

Cheers, K

Here's a half serious question: Say Mr Joe Brown is travelling across the country in his RV for an entire summer; wouldn't he be obliged to tell Dish where he's at?

Cheers, K

if he submits the necessary paperwork to Dish he an get distants from NY & LA.
If he wants locals then yes he'd have to tell dfish where he's at to get locals (because of spotbeams)

Cheers, K
You are obligated to tell Dish when your receivers are not where your address says they are supposed to be for a home account. Taking out of the equation getting the networks, technically I suppose if you remove the receiver from the house and use it in the RV Dish is supposed to know. I'm guessing if no one is home to use the account at the same time, no harm no foul. As mentioned if you want the networks, you would have an RV account and Dish will give the NY or LA ones. An RV account does not need to notify Dish of exactly where they are, unless like Iceberg said you want the specific locals for where you are.

Hopper MPOA coax compatible with Xantech IR-over-coax?

Remove Sling adapter from Dish account?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)