Remove Sling adapter from Dish account?

smdriver

Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Hi, guys. I bought the Sling adapter from Dish last October to use with my 722. I ended up barely using it, so I sold it on eBay last month. The fella I sold it to now says it's not working and claims Dish techs say it's defective. I tested it just before I unplugged it and mailed it off. I realize things like this can get damaged in the mail, but I highly doubt this is the case.

When I log onto DishOnline.com, it lists my 722 as a "Sling Adapter" in the top-right corner. Do I need to contact Dish and have them somehow remove the Sling adapter from my account? Would this free up the adapter to work with the guy I sold it to? I appreciate any help any of you can give. Let me know if I need to provide more info. Thanks!

I will stand corrected, but it isn't like an EHD, it should work on any compatible receiver. Is he saying the unit just does not work, or using Dishonline with it does not....

If I was dealing with this, if the guy wants to see if you can get it working, ask some questions and see what exactly does not work. Does he know what it does and does not do, and how it works? If he wants to return it, I would just do that and save aggrevation and bad comments left on Ebay.....

His exact comments were:

The item doesnt work. I called dish network for support on getting the item to work.. after troubleshooting with tech he stated the device is defective.

I just know I've had some frustrating experiences with first-level Dish techs in the past. I told him to ask to speak to some advanced techs. I haven't heard back from him on that, yet.

Sling adapters are not tied to accounts, and should work so long as the other person/account has a compatible receiver. If you can have him email me directly, I'll see if I can figure out what the problem is. I have sent you my email address in a PM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts