I repeatedly have to go to HDTV under screen adjustments

givemetoro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
For the last three months, about 3-4 daily I have to go into settings/screen adjustments/HDTV and then manually select 4x3#2, select Save. Go back and then choose 16x9 and hit Save again.

If I don't the format is WAY off, television and the menu. That's been the only solution I have found to fix it, but after this long I'm getting really tired of having to dive into the menu to correct the format. I'd reset the box to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem?

It may not be the Hopper. Check your tv's setting on the remote. On the Dish remote pres the * button an make sure you are in Normal mode.
It's definitely Hopper related, the only way to make it go back to HD is by doing what I described and going through the Hopper menus multiple times.

Have you tried your tv's settings? I have 2 HWS's and have no video problem.
It would be strange if you are the only one who is having the problem.

Yes, I have gone through all settings on the TV and the only solution comes from the Hopper menus. I'm very positive it's on Dishes side.

There are HD tv's that reset to a previous setting no matter what the receiver is set to. It is a setting on the tv. It does not happen immediately which may be why when you change the receiver setting and then back it is fine for a little while then changes. I would make sure the tv is not on some auto setting before blaming it on the receiver.

Once again, I'm positive its the receiver, it only started doing this 3 months ago and every time you going into the settings it says that it is in 16x9 so then you have to switch it to 4x3, save it, and then go back to 16x9.

I can't figure out what triggers the change, you'll just randomly be watching TV and it'll switch to 4x3 and be zoomed in and pixelated. As for the HDMI CEC settings, would you care to elaborate please, not sure that I'm understanding.

Once again, I'm positive its the receiver, it only started doing this 3 months ago and every time you going into the settings it says that it is in 16x9 so then you have to switch it to 4x3, save it, and then go back to 16x9.

I can't figure out what triggers the change, you'll just randomly be watching TV and it'll switch to 4x3 and be zoomed in and pixelated. As for the HDMI CEC settings, would you care to elaborate please, not sure that I'm understanding.
Go in to your Menu - Settings - select HDMI-CEC. If it is on, turn it off and see if that fixes the issue. I am trying to think of something to help out.

Alright, I checked and it was on. Turned it off. Guess I'll find out in the next few hours, thank you for the suggestion!