I See Customer Service Hasn't Improved

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

loubon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2010
New Jersey
I generally don't have issues or try to milk the system but for some reason this just rubbed me the wrong way.

About a month ago I noticed a free PPV in my account with no notification. Not the first time that has happened so I figured a price increase is coming. Price increase comes a few weeks later with a card in the mail to pick one of 2 gifts. Already have the free preview channels so gift #2 is my only option. But no option is there on the website as advertised. I should note that at this point I figured the PPV was the gift but I wanted to see where this went.

About a week later I finally get around to a chat and tell them there is no Free Gift tab on my account. What answer do I get? Please go to the Free Gift tab on your account. :facepalm So again I explain it isn't there. Next I'm told give it 2 or 3 days. I explain I got this a week ago and I'm still told wait 2 or 3 days. Of course I know they are not going to reprogram their website just for my account. But again I play along....

So I chat today about 6 days later. Now I'm told I already accepted the gift in the form of a PPV. I explain I didn't "accept" anything it just showed up weeks before I got the card about the price increase. Then I'm told I used my two PPV that were for the price increase when I rented two movies that he names. I point out that those rentals were back in the summer long before the price increase. :facepalm:facepalm

I summarize what has taken place and ask him if he thinks that is good customer service? (I may have also pointed out their loss of customers due to poor customer service). What is his response? "I notice the PPV is unused. I can assist you in how to use it." When I point out that he doesn't get it he says "Is there a movie you would like to watch today?" :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

I know I have no one to blame but myself for wasting my own time thinking this would go any differently but really, you just can't make this stuff up.

I generally don't have issues or try to milk the system but for some reason this just rubbed me the wrong way.

About a month ago I noticed a free PPV in my account with no notification. Not the first time that has happened so I figured a price increase is coming. Price increase comes a few weeks later with a card in the mail to pick one of 2 gifts. Already have the free preview channels so gift #2 is my only option. But no option is there on the website as advertised. I should note that at this point I figured the PPV was the gift but I wanted to see where this went.

About a week later I finally get around to a chat and tell them there is no Free Gift tab on my account. What answer do I get? Please go to the Free Gift tab on your account. :facepalm So again I explain it isn't there. Next I'm told give it 2 or 3 days. I explain I got this a week ago and I'm still told wait 2 or 3 days. Of course I know they are not going to reprogram their website just for my account. But again I play along....

So I chat today about 6 days later. Now I'm told I already accepted the gift in the form of a PPV. I explain I didn't "accept" anything it just showed up weeks before I got the card about the price increase. Then I'm told I used my two PPV that were for the price increase when I rented two movies that he names. I point out that those rentals were back in the summer long before the price increase. :facepalm:facepalm

I summarize what has taken place and ask him if he thinks that is good customer service? (I may have also pointed out their loss of customers due to poor customer service). What is his response? "I notice the PPV is unused. I can assist you in how to use it." When I point out that he doesn't get it he says "Is there a movie you would like to watch today?" :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

I know I have no one to blame but myself for wasting my own time thinking this would go any differently but really, you just can't make this stuff up.

Your first mistake was not PMing DIRT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello Loubon. I'm unhappy to read you didn't have a good experience on the phones. We pride ourselves on having award winning customer service and I can certainly submit feedback on the last agent you spoke to.

As Pay-TV providers, we must increase our prices each year to help cover increasing programming costs from channel owners, in order to keep the channels you watch.

It is well known that we fight to keep our prices low, but channel owners continue to significantly increase the rate they charge Satellite and Cable companies to carry their content.

Aside from listing your locals separate from your core package showing the $10.00 charge, and lowering your core pricing $5.00, some free gifts have been issued.

I'd be happy to review your account to be sure the correct tags were added and you have the ability to redeem them. Please private message me or one of the D.I.R.T team.

Reactions: satjay
What is this phantom "gift #2"? I received the same offer but the instructions to get the gift don't work.

Yes, DIRT can help with almost any issue, but what the OP contacted Dish about is pretty damn basic and should have been a simple fix by the phone rep.

I gave up thinking that years and years ago.... I start with there is nothing the CSR can do and go from there.

Reactions: satjay and DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)