I should have checked

deadwood

Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
Had a 4 TV install yesterday. I figured that because the picture quality on my main living room TV was good that they all would be. I was wrong. After they left I check the two TV's that are not directly connected to the receivers and noticed that the picture quality was quite poor. Is this normal? Why would this be? And why would the techs. think this acceptable?

Provided the cable is ok, the fix should be simple.. Shame on the installer if he didn't check the quality of the picture..
The fix is to change the channel that the modulator is sending out to the 2nd tv's. The modulator setup is in the menu system of the two boxes that you have. I have found that although the receivers come pre set to channel 60 air and work well there sometimes, I have to change to a lower channel on the modulator like 23 air or somewhere around that to get a clearer picture.. Just try different channels on you modulator and set you tv's to those channels and look at the picture until you get one that is clear enough to make you feel good. Again, the installer should have checked this. But it should fix up real easy.

Had a 4 TV install yesterday. I figured that because the picture quality on my main living room TV was good that they all would be. I was wrong. After they left I check the two TV's that are not directly connected to the receivers and noticed that the picture quality was quite poor. Is this normal? Why would this be? And why would the techs. think this acceptable?

another classic case of installer neglect.....I always check pic quality before I leave..Follow the instructions on the preceding post to fix..

If you have the dual tuner receivers and are using a backfeed to another room for TV2 your picture will never look as good as an A/V connection to your TV. And if it is a 622 you will never come close to the HDTV broadcast. At your main TV connect the Yellow,Red White RCA cables to your TV's input jacks connect TV2 to the coax input on your TV. Switch from channel 60 to the input jacks on your Tv (video1/line 1/video what ever they are labelled) you will see a difference in picture quality right at the one TV set. DISH saves you money but reduces picture quality by using RF signals.

Bad cable, bad connection, needs to be sent to a diferent channel, bad installer or rushed installer, bad ground loop in the house, could be several reasons.

try changing modulator setup from air 60 to cable ch73 you may have to select the cable option on your tv if the channels dont go that high.try an attenuator,,, little thing in video/auidio cable package that came with reciever, it says ATTENTION on it....hook that to back of reviever tv 2 output... check connections... if there are crimp on ends, and not compression fitting, that may be the cause, also check if there are splices in the line, that a blue dielectric barrel was used...that tech should not have left with that poor of PQ.,,,

They split the lines, didn't actually run second TV from the second TV (backfeed) jack. Oh well. The changing of the TV channel to 21 helped greatly. Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts