I survived Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art_LA

Original poster
Nov 27, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Yes, I over ate, but I survived Thanksgiving. Hope you did too. My next challenge is to prove that old dogs (me) can learn new tricks (using this forum).

Welcome aboard Art. I survived Thanksgiving as well. I cooked for 11 people. Today is a day of rest.

I didn't do thanksgiving this year mostly because I've been working all week plus school and I needed my rest but also because I didn't want to go over to my step sis house and be around a bunch of people that I don't know. I'm more comfortable around a few people as opposed to a house full and having been forced into family holidays past that could be used as a means of torture greater than water boarding I would rather it be just me and the wife and daughter.

I did survive black friday at walmart though and got a magnavox blueray player and a couple movies.

...I did survive black friday at walmart though and got a magnavox blueray player and a couple movies.

Did you get the $78 deal? I'm wondering if that was just a local special, which may or may not be still on.

I just watched a show about a guy that once weighted 650 LBS. :eek:
I can't imagine ever getting that big.

And just think - he had to have one or more enablers. WHO brought him food, as he was clearly no longer able to get it or fix it himself? And WHO :yikes took away that food after his body was done with it?

Really gotta wonder how and why there are people out there supporting this sort of thing. I still remember one of the last restaurant meals I had with my first wife. Fat guy had two entree's in front of him. He sorta went into a frenzy, shoveling it into his face as fast as he could. Across from him was this sad looking woman.....

And just think - he had to have one or more enablers. WHO brought him food, as he was clearly no longer able to get it or fix it himself? And WHO :yikes took away that food after his body was done with it?

Really gotta wonder how and why there are people out there supporting this sort of thing. I still remember one of the last restaurant meals I had with my first wife. Fat guy had two entree's in front of him. He sorta went into a frenzy, shoveling it into his face as fast as he could. Across from him was this sad looking woman.....

You'd sometime long before he got to be 650 pounds he'd look in the mirror and say - Holy Cow !! This has to stop !! I guess he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)