Status
Please reply by conversation.

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
I know this is an ambiguous question but I am thinking of trying FTA and have heard a lot of good things about the Pansat 2500A. (yes I did read the review of the 2500 on the sticky)

Any thoughts on this unit or recommendations for others?

I see that some of you have motorized units to automatically point to a satellite. What do you all recommend for this and do I even need it. Not a heck of a lot on 119,110 or 91 so I will probably try some others.

One station I would love to be able to get is the Space Channel out of Canada but I see that it is on ExpressVu and encrypted, I haven't seen it on any list saying that I can get it but I may just as well ask anyway if it is up there any where Free?

Thanks ahead of time and hope my questions aren't too dumb.

Hello John! No matter what system you get I feel the motor is a must, its like buying a car without the wheels, but of course you can add the motor anytime to your system. I have the SG2100 motor, and its the best one I have come across so far.
I can recommend the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra system compared to the Pansat having installed quite a few of each now, but they are much the same box.

I have been lucky the last few weeks with FTA Canadian channels, we had CBC for a few weeks and Euronews for a week or so, but have yet to see the Space Channel FTA sounds great. I think you would enjoy the hobby everyday when you turn on your system there is something new to see, I love to watch live news feeds....car chases and the like. Hope this helps. (right now I am watching a sky cam looking down on the white house or some other state capital where its snowing)

FTA is a great thing to get into, If I was you I would get a dish not smaller than 90cm or if you really want to go nuts get a big dish 10' :) the pansat is a great unit, watch out with the fake ones out there and the illegal ones, its good to go to a place one of the guys here recomend. I get most of my stuff from www.skyvision.com or www.rpssat.com any help or questions before you make your move, ask away :)

I would say 91 W has CBC radio and other radio that is intesting. 119 W has like 70 com free music channels. OK we can get a lot of this from Hi speed internet BUT some I am too cheep to pay for it.

Well that was my 2 cents. G10R is a fav of many. You more or less have to get the dish moving or get a farm of them started.

Have fun with it!

John Walsh said:
I know this is an ambiguous question but I am thinking of trying FTA and have heard a lot of good things about the Pansat 2500A. (yes I did read the review of the 2500 on the sticky)

Any thoughts on this unit or recommendations for others?

I see that some of you have motorized units to automatically point to a satellite. What do you all recommend for this and do I even need it. Not a heck of a lot on 119,110 or 91 so I will probably try some others.

One station I would love to be able to get is the Space Channel out of Canada but I see that it is on ExpressVu and encrypted, I haven't seen it on any list saying that I can get it but I may just as well ask anyway if it is up there any where Free?

Thanks ahead of time and hope my questions aren't too dumb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts