I thought Dallas was #7 on the locals list?

sunfire01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
DFW, TEXAS
I see tomorrow they are launching 7 new HD local networks on dish, what happened to Dallas!!!!???? I thought the list said they were number 7??? When can I ditch my Off Air antenna??

Jason

My suspicion is thats its based on the number of Dish costumers that can't currently get OTA in a given DMA. In flat areas like Dallas that number is less than in the Mountainous areas. Lets face it, if say 90%(a made up number for demonstarion purposes) of an area can gets OTA, it serves no purpose to put it on the Sat.

When Dish adds HD LiLs, it's not a special package but they're just added to the existing analog LiLs package and currently at no additional charge.

So in that respect Dish is not making any $$ adding HD LiLs.

Where they DO make $$ is getting new subs or getting existing subs to ADD the Locals package AND the HD package AND upgrade to MPEG4 receivers.

Therefore it makes sense to launch HD LiLs in areas where their "net" profit will be the most. Areas that will have the least afilliate negoiation problems and the most potential upgrades to locals & HD paks.

Just my opinion FWIW.:D

sunfire01 said:
I see tomorrow they are launching 7 new HD local networks on dish, what happened to Dallas!!!!???? I thought the list said they were number 7??? When can I ditch my Off Air antenna??

Jason

Even if I get HD locals from Dish I'll keep my OTA antenna:

1) Better resolution - full 1920x1080 vs 1280x1080

2) More flexibility - the 622 can use all 3 tuners simultaneously.

3) Backup - something that'll work if the Dish feed goes down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)