I want HD only...period.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

korereactor

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
A while back I tried to get HD only - and SPEED HD. Come to find out that if this pirannah wanted that meat I was gonna have to PAY BIG, and get EVERYTHING, even the old, grainy, blurry SD channels. Is this still true? I mean, hey, I love paying for the useless-everybody-who-has-HD-never-watches-those-channels-anymore channels! DirecTV is no better either, once you read that awesome fine print. :rant:

Looks like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Hi korereactor, I feel your pain! I have Absolute HD and would love to add Speed and Fox News but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It would cost me $40 per month to add these two channels. I wish Dish could be a little more flexible in their channel offerings. Later, DC

Go on Dishnetwork.com. Under other packages there is an option for an HD only package. That implies no SD channels are provided. Check it out for finite details.
I just spotted it while looking for something else. The Dish website is difficult to navigate I have found.

In the DISH Forum find Scott's sticky thread entitled DISH HD Information. You'll find a PDF file with all the info you need for the HD only packages.

But, unfortunately if you want everything you have to take the SD too. You can lock them out of your dvr/guide and never have to see them.

Yell at the programmers. They don't want to lose subs of their remaining SD niche channels by letting people sub to HD only. Dish got away with it early on, but after Dish started it, new deals started keeping channels away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)