I want my B-Movie TV!

Gojira69

Gojira69

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 9, 2004
Have you noticed Network, local and cable TV channels have greatly cut back on B-Movie programming? I have. I was a Bob Wilkins fan from way back. Later, TNTs MonsterVision and USAs UpAllNight helped greatly, but now they are gone too.

No, I don't want to see "The Titanic", I'd rather see "Night of the Creeps".

Because of satellite TV we now have a lot of slots opening up that can fill this glaring lack. There are some new channels starting up that we should try to get DirectTV and DishTV to carry.

Have you heard of these?
http://www.horrorchannel.com/
http://www.bmania.tv/

If you're with me on this lets try to get our carriers to pick them up.

I want my B-Movie TV!

S

Shichonni

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 24, 2003
What ever happened to Kung-Fu thearte??? A bowl of honeycomb cereal and flying kungfu masters was a staple...but now gone

Gojira69

Gojira69

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 9, 2004
Cyclone said:
A movie channel that mostly shows B movies.
I wnt to their website and found nothing on today's schedule that was remotely b-ish. Strange for a channel that shows "mostly" B-movies.

DarrellP

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Gojira69, it is a High Definition movie channel but you have to have a HD receiver to get it.

I miss "Chiller", "Fabulous 52", "Elvira" and all those old shows that I watched as a kid growing up in LA (not Louseeanna).

B

bert gordon

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 10, 2003
Creature Double Feature

Speaking of B/Cult movies ... anybody remember Creature Double Feature?

I think I emotionally scarred myself by staying indoors all day saturdays instead of going outdoors and socializing.

M

mjschuyler

SatelliteGuys Family
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 25, 2003
Try Bell ExpressVu. They have three channels Moviola, Scream and Drivin. Drivin has some great B movies like these on tonight: "The Giant Gila Monster" "Monster from Green Hell" "Die, Monster, Die" "Teenage Devil Dolls"

BlackHitachi

BlackHitachi

Medford Oregon
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2003
Medford, Oregon
Shichonni said:
What ever happened to Kung-Fu thearte??? A bowl of honeycomb cereal and flying kungfu masters was a staple...but now gone

Oh yea this is a channel that i miss and LOVED!!

Tyralak

Tyralak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 21, 2003
Secure, Undisclosed Location
Gojira69 said:
Have you noticed Network, local and cable TV channels have greatly cut back on B-Movie programming? I have. I was a Bob Wilkins fan from way back. Later, TNTs MonsterVision and USAs UpAllNight helped greatly, but now they are gone too.

No, I don't want to see "The Titanic", I'd rather see "Night of the Creeps".

Because of satellite TV we now have a lot of slots opening up that can fill this glaring lack. There are some new channels starting up that we should try to get DirectTV and DishTV to carry.

Have you heard of these?
http://www.horrorchannel.com/
http://www.bmania.tv/

If you're with me on this lets try to get our carriers to pick them up.

I want my B-Movie TV!

When my 4DTV system was working, I could get Bmania on T7 - 800. It's in the clear too! I hope at least ONE of the major satellite carriers takes it. I'm trying to get Charter to start carrying it. I have them for now, as I've had it with E*, and don't yet have the $$$$ to buy a DirecTV HD reciever.
As for Monstervision, I'm a Joe Bob Briggs fan myself. TNT really made a crappy decision getting rid of Monstervision. :yes

Tyralak

Tyralak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 21, 2003
Secure, Undisclosed Location
mjschuyler said:
Try Bell ExpressVu. They have three channels Moviola, Scream and Drivin. Drivin has some great B movies like these on tonight: "The Giant Gila Monster" "Monster from Green Hell" "Die, Monster, Die" "Teenage Devil Dolls"

That's just in Canada, though. Doesn't do us much good here. :(