I want to activate my old 625, do i need to run more wires

alex5252

Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
il.
Hi, I currently have a 722 and a 311 activated and i have a old 625 and i was wondering if i need to run more wires from my dish or if i can run 2 sat. signals through 1 wire. I have a dish 1000. Also how hard is it to hook wires up to the dish?

Thanks in advance

If you have a Dish 1000.2, it's not hard at all. It has 3 DishPro Plus outputs. But RG6 has to go all the way from receiver to the LNB assembly. No splitting that cable!

If you have a Dish 1000.2, it's not hard at all. It has 3 DishPro Plus outputs. But RG6 has to go all the way from receiver to the LNB assembly. No splitting that cable!

How do i check to see if it is a 1000.2 and i already have 3 wires coming out of the dish, will i be able to add more receivers?

Go to your 722 and hit Menu - 6 - 1 - 3 and read off the Device (hardwarwe?) line. That will say what LNBs and which satellites it can see. If it's a 1000.2 or 1000.4, then it has 3 outputs. One cable would come from each output and go to each receiver. If you currently have 2 receivers, then that 3rd output and cable should be free.

Last edited:
If it's an original Dish 1000 it will probably have a DPP Twin which has only 2 receiver outputs. In that case you would need to add an external switch or replace the dish.

Rookie Looking for Advice Setting Up a Tailgate

Total Loss of Signal while watching TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)