I want to add a new [potentially wireless] Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TiViFan09

Original poster
Sep 24, 2016
Houston, TX
So here's my situation:

I have a Dish TurboHD satellite connected to a Solo Node. From there, the "host" line goes to my living room and connects to the Hopper DVR.

The "client" line goes to a Holland 3-way splitter. One line off the splitter goes to my Hopper Internet Connector, which plugs into the router via ethernet. The remaining 2 lines go to 2 Joeys in other rooms of the house.

I want to add a third Joey, which I know the system will support. If I choose to add a wired one, I believe that all I will need is a 4-way Holland 2150MHz splitter. However, I am not completely sure that I will be able to drill through the top plate of the wall where the TV will be mounted on (110V is already there), since the roof pitch leaves me almost no space to work.

That leaves me with the option of installing a "wireless Joey." What equipment would I need to add the WJ and appropriate wireless connection, and what would the schematic look like?

Attached is my current setup.

Attachments

• Dish Network.pdf
    21.2 KB · Views: 380
What equipment would I need to add the WJ and appropriate wireless connection, and what would the schematic look like?

:welcome
Hi...Welcome to SatGuys!

You would need to get a Wireless Joey Access Point and the Wireless Joey. I have my Access Point plugged directly into the Hopper via Ethernet cable, which provides a dedicated wireless signal to up to three Wireless Joeys. Looks like if you have a HIC in your system (I don't), then you plug the Access Point into that, or perhaps you have the option of plugging it into either one.

wireless-joey-with-hic-png.102645

An added bonus is the Wireless Joeys actually perform a bit faster than the wired Joeys, in my experience. They are considerably faster than the original Joey 1, and even a little faster than the newer Joey 2.

Reactions: TiViFan09
Thanks. One more question, in the name of future proofing:

Let's say that down the line I wanted to add a Super Joey to get more tuners. Is it simply a matter of connecting the third LNB with the unused wire to the integrator, similar to this diagram? I can't get pictures of the dish or wiring until this weekend.

Attachments

• dsih_setup.jpg
    dsih_setup.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,407

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)