I want to go back to dish- questions.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Oceangrace24

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
Lexington, SC
Long story short, I left dishnetwork last spring after 4 or 5 years to try Time Warner Cable after I finally upgraded to an HDTV set.

The 2 biggest reasons were the price of an HD DVR from dish at the time plus the fact that TWC here in Columbia, SC showed every Braves home game in HD. I couldn't get that on Dish. I also got a 12 month price break from TWC on my bill, so the price wasn't any more than dish would have been at the time.

TWC no longer shows the Braves games in HD and my 12 months are over and the price is rising significantly. Plus the fact that it takes them 2 years to add any new HD channels .

I am going to go back to DishNetwork now. I should have never left.

I have 1 HDTV in my living room and 1 SD tv in my bedroom. The living room MUST have an HD DVR.

What are my options and what kind of deals if any will I be able to get from Dish network? Will I be eligible for any of the new subscriber deals that they have right now, or will I be considered a current customer?

If you returned your equipment when you quit (if you had to), your bill was paid off, and generally left in "good" standing, yes, you can get the deals a new customer gets. If the normal phone people won't do it, e-mail the executive office.

I did *exactly* what you did for many of the same reasons .... and came back for the same !!

I have 1 HDTV in my living room and 1 SD tv in my bedroom. The living room MUST have an HD DVR.
Call dish and tell them what you want. They will likely recommend a single ViP622 DVR receiver to serve up both receivers.

Your status depends largely on whether or not they remember you and how "good" a customer you were. Typically, a 6 month hiatus is enough to qualify as a new subscriber.

To elaborate, a 622 will give you:

- 2 satellite tuners, both of which can tune and/or record HD or SD channels.
- 1 OTA tuner, which can tune and/or record DIGITAL OTA channels (i.e. using a regular TV antenna). Some of those channels may be HD, depending on your location.

It then outputs at the same time to 1 HD TV set and 1 SD TV set, each of which can be watching a different tuner and/or a different recording.

New customers get the 622 free.

Then you can also get the DVR Advantage programming package, which includes:
- Locals
- One DVR without additional DVR fee
- America's Top 200 package

for $49.99 per month. $10 per month additional for America's Top 250. $10 per month additional for Premium packages (Showtime, etc.). $20 per month additional for DishHD.

If it is convenient, I would wait until June 1st, when DVR Advantage is simplified and from what garbled reports say, cheaper for HBO.

To elaborate, a 622 will give you:

- 2 satellite tuners, both of which can tune and/or record HD or SD channels.
- 1 OTA tuner, which can tune and/or record DIGITAL OTA channels (i.e. using a regular TV antenna). Some of those channels may be HD, depending on your location.

It then outputs at the same time to 1 HD TV set and 1 SD TV set, each of which can be watching a different tuner and/or a different recording.

New customers get the 622 free.

Then you can also get the DVR Advantage programming package, which includes:
- Locals
- One DVR without additional DVR fee
- America's Top 200 package

for $49.99 per month. $10 per month additional for America's Top 250. $10 per month additional for Premium packages (Showtime, etc.). $20 per month additional for DishHD.

If it is convenient, I would wait until June 1st, when DVR Advantage is simplified and from what garbled reports say, cheaper for HBO.

A few questions. I am a long time dish network owner with hdtvs but have not upgraded from my 501 units. If I got the 622 and hook it to my main tv, I can also use that receiver with my other tv? One tv is on the first floor and the other is upstairs. Can they both receive HD programs? I have seen some low prices offered y Direct TV for their hd systems for new customers. I currently get locals 8.99,All Movie pack and top 250 for 89.99. Add tax and maint fee and I pay 123.00 a month.

Robert

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)