I was wondering....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shultz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
87W 40N
Well, i WAS picking up something on just about every sat from 30w to 129w. Now i got a tree about 100yds away and it must be blocking 123w because i can't get that sat at all now! I was looking at lyngsat the other day, and seen that on 95w there is some equity stations on it, but on c-band. Can i get a c-band lnb and use it on my 39" fortec dish with the coolsat 6000 and pull these stations in? If so, do i need any other switches besides the Diseqc switch? Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately I have heard that the equity stations on C Band are hard to pickup with a six foot dish, with a 39” dish the beam width will be around 4 degrees and you will pickup a lot of interference from neighboring satellites, also the gain for C Band is very little.

not a chance on a 39".

The Equity stuff has a FEC of 7/8, which in lehmans terms means you need a really strong signal to keep it locked. I use a 6 footer and if it isnt nuts on, it pixelates. Thats even with a 70 quality on the Pansat

how high is the tree if its 100 yards away?

well, thats my luck...i'm guessing that old maple tree's about 40-50 ft up there (maybe more) and has a trunk about the size of a vw,and my dish is on a pole thats 5ft above ground. if you stand behind the dish, it kinda looks like the things pointing right at the top of the tree. (damn thing didn't have leaves on it when i froze my butt off hookin up the dish)

Remember that your dish is offset, so its actually receiving signals coming down from 22 degrees or so higher than the dish appears to be pointing. Unless your elevation for G-10R is VERY low, I doubt a 50' high tree 100 yards away is causing the trouble.

Can i get a c-band lnb and use it on my 39" fortec dish with the coolsat 6000 and pull these stations in? If so, do i need any other switches besides the Diseqc switch? Thanks for your help.

You won't get them with a 39". I have a 6' and do get them and after days of fine tuning the dish with very very small adjustments, they are very good now...

That is until it rains... Very marginal TPs on a 6', but watchable 95% of the time..

Status
Please reply by conversation.