DMX Direct

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Murphdog

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2005
Is DMX Direct still around? I have a old DMX receiver I would like to use again but I don't see their transponder anywhere on the Lyngsat charts. Their website is up so I don't think that they went out of business? Thanks in advance!

I did see those feeds but those are different. That might be what is left of the service. My Commstream receiver used to look at a single transponder and received 100+ AC3 audio channels that sounded great.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~balazer/dmx.html

"DMX Music Service (aka DMX for Business, DMX Direct, DMX/DBS) is on Ku-band satellite:
Intelsat Americas 6 (formerly Telstar 6 / T6) transponder 25, 12146 MHz, vertical polarization.
It can be received with a ComStream DR200 digital audio receiver, or Antex DR500 or DR501 receiver.

DMX was previously on Telstar 4 (T4), but moved following that satellite's failure."

I did see that but I wasn't sure how current it was since Lyngsat makes no mention of a transponder 25. I will have my new dish up by Friday so I guess I'll see then. Thanks

The signal is there on IA 6. I was able to lock it using TSReader and Twinhan 1020a card. The DMX signal appears to be DSS QPSK.
It's probably not listed on Lyngsat because it's not mpeg2/dvb or digicipher 2 and a special proprietary receiver is needed to receive it.

Thanks! I was hoping that my receiver was not going to be a door stop.

How do I get my DR2000 reciever to work? Do I need A special kind of disk? Please help. Thank>>>>

Did you get your DR2000 to work?

Thanks! I was hoping that my receiver was not going to be a door stop.

How did you get your DR2000 to work. Do I need a diffrent kind of dish or do I need to be in some program. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

re satellite aiming

I was wondering....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)