I will have 2 take my dish off!!! unless u help me

sanhin2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
hey.. i have a superdish 121 @ my house.. but my complex authoroties are saying it is too big.. saying that their limit is 1 meter, but i thought that the super dish was only 36" and there are only 39.3" in a meter.. so i dont know y they are telling me to take it down?? any inputs/thoughts. i have also installed the dish in the approved spot. what does the FCC rule regarding satellite dish diameters??? i love my dish and dont want to take it off.. plzzz give me some suggestions that i can use 2 argue with them.. thnk u guys soo much!!

sanhin2 said:
hey.. i have a superdish 121 @ my house.. but my complex authoroties are saying it is too big.. saying that their limit is 1 meter, but i thought that the super dish was only 36" and there are only 39.3" in a meter.. so i dont know y they are telling me to take it down?? any inputs/thoughts. i have also installed the dish in the approved spot. what does the FCC rule regarding satellite dish diameters??? i love my dish and dont want to take it off.. plzzz give me some suggestions that i can use 2 argue with them.. thnk u guys soo much!!

As long as it is your roof and your house, they are barred by federal regulations from forcing you to remove it REGARDLESS of any agreement you may have signed. You can provide them with information from the link in the previous reply. If they continue to have a problem with it, you can tell them to shove it. :)

Second every thing above.
Many OHAs don't know the about the FCC/Federal regulations allowing Dishes and antennas or think they can bully you. Check the link, show the info to the HOA, use it to hold on to your rights. The fed regs preempts' HOA CCRs or local/states laws. The FCC will assist you.
Had the same problem the HOA lost.
P.S. Regs also provide that Dish stays up while HOA trys (and loses) to challenge Regs.

Wait a second...
but my complex
By "complex", do you mean apartmet or townhome? If so there may be another problem here. The rules apply to your exclusive property or property for your exclusive use.

If you live in an apartment complex or a townhome complex or condo the outside walls and roof are generally not yours. Only the inside walls, patio and/or balcony.

If you own the property the dish is on, the HOA has no say in the matter up to 39.36" and larger. No limit in Alaska.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
Wait a second...
By "complex", do you mean apartmet or townhome? If so there may be another problem here. The rules apply to your exclusive property or property for your exclusive use.

If you live in an apartment complex or a townhome complex or condo the outside walls and roof are generally not yours. Only the inside walls, patio and/or balcony.

If you own the property the dish is on, the HOA has no say in the matter up to 39.36" and larger. No limit in Alaska.

See ya
Tony

it is a townhome complex, and it is an approved area (balcony) so there is no stopping there.. they had also requested so tha there is no drilling, so i told the installer to not drill anywhere.. there guys are just a holez :mad:

sanhin2 said:
hey.. i have a superdish 121 @ my house.. but my complex authoroties are saying it is too big.. saying that their limit is 1 meter, but i thought that the super dish was only 36" and there are only 39.3" in a meter.

Has anybody actually read the entire post?
The HOA is following the FCC guidelines. They just think the dish is bigger than the limit.

All you have to do is measure the dish and show the HOA that the dish is under one meter in diameter.

You might want to print out and show to the HOA this:
Getting to Know the SuperDISH Antenna (pdf)

mkm4 said:
Has anybody actually read the entire post?
The HOA is following the FCC guidelines. They just think the dish is bigger than the limit.

All you have to do is measure the dish and show the HOA that the dish is under one meter in diameter.

You might want to print out and show to the HOA this:
Getting to Know the SuperDISH Antenna (pdf)

well the way they have been hakling me is not very polite. they said if i dont remove by 25th nov. they will fine me $200 :mad: i will just show them the getting to know the super dish page.. and it should be all sorted out ;)

they have no legal leg to stand on! :) Let us know how it turns out.. If they fine you dont pay it as that fine is bogus.. and if they decide to take you to court they will loose. because of the otard ruling.

I'm sure this has happened to alot of people because of the superdishes and it will do nothing but get worse as the need for a dish that "see's" more satellite locations. The best thing people can do is get educated on the laws that have been set into place to help people like us.

I dont know why these people get all upset over a dish, especially a super/d1000 they aren't that big. It doesn't make it look like NASA is in ur neighbor hood. Oh did I mention I think Im add 2 more dishes lol.

No offense, really but how hard is it to prove that your "under 1m dish" is under 1m?

Put a tape measure up to your dish & take a picture. They are saying your dish is over 1m IT IS NOT.

But you know what jerks like this do.... you win this one & suddenly it's something else

Something else to consider, Dish Network and Directv are going to larger diameter dish's to provide more content based on consumer demand for programming that can not be found elsewhere such as international programming like the great wall package. If there is programming that you get that comes from a country that you at one time called home and the dish inquestion is the only way that your able to access this programming and without access to this programming it will cause you emotional duress then contact your lawyer and tell him this. Your lawyer would love nothing more than to be able to present the HOA with a letter outlining this and the potential suit for emotional and psychological pain not to mention time lost from work, estrangement from your wife and children ect ect ect. I figure if a woman can win a lawsuit to keep a dog because it is detrimental to her emotional wellbeing when the apartment complex she lives in has a no pet policy then you should be able to keep your dish even if its 40ft in diameter.

channi_011 said:
Mind my ignorance please, but i am just getting into FTA's. I have already understood the concept of using the softwares and what to do on the computer aswell as the receiver. However, i am lost when it comes down to the following quesions

How do i know where to position my satellite?

Can i pick up different channels from different regions, for example i already i have a pansat satellite configured to get indian channels, but how could i get those aswell as say north american channels?

When i change mychannel list would i have to reposition my satellite?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
Unh. What does this post have to do with this thread?

Edit: Questionable post was moved by the mods. :up

and the use was banned since he was asking a hack question over in the FTA section.

My HOA had the same issue. They tried the "one dish only" rule (even though at the time Minneapolis had a must carry local on 61.5)

All 6 of my dishes are under a meter (even the 40x30 Primestar...its 39.3 inches) :D

Iceberg said:
and the use was banned since he was asking a hack question over in the FTA section.

My HOA had the same issue. They tried the "one dish only" rule (even though at the time Minneapolis had a must carry local on 61.5)

All 6 of my dishes are under a meter (even the 40x30 Primestar...its 39.3 inches) :D

Nice, 6 dishes wow. Im working on that as of right now I have 2 on roof and 3 in closet. Will be add those in a while. And ill be add one more in order to send internet to my friend a block away lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)