I will never do business with directv again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
the only thing that adds up is that directv made the mistake, and is making an even bigger one by not owning up to it. i understand that people make mistakes and would gladly accept an apology but directv continues to stand their ground and I will stand mine. They may win the battle, but I will eventually win the war when I disconnect service in 2 years.
Which is why i would call them back and stand my ground. But i would kill them with niceness. Be as polite as you can, but firm. That will work wonders. And dont hesitate to tell them what your plans are for the future, i just wouldnt do it in a way as it would be taken as a threat.

Listen, All this calls are recorded for a reason, tell'em to bring up the call from that day and listen to it to everything that you were offered, is not your fault , is whoever offered that to you and since it was a representative of directv.... calls are recorded for a reason remember that. that has worked for me... normally they dont even bother and try to resolve it.. but be nicee (its not the fault of the person you will be talking to)

Listen, All this calls are recorded for a reason, tell'em to bring up the call from that day and listen to it to everything that you were offered, is not your fault , is whoever offered that to you and since it was a representative of directv.... calls are recorded for a reason remember that. that has worked for me... normally they dont even bother and try to resolve it.. but be nicee (its not the fault of the person you will be talking to)

they refuse to pull up the call. Ive asked the last 3 csr's to do just that and they all say no. Ive tried being, nice, tried being stern, nothing works. They just refuse to cooperate at all. Ive even tried to get them to meet me halfway, which they refused, programming credits refused, heck to this point they wont even admit that there is a possibility that the csr made a mistake.

Little by little your building up a case, again all this calls are being recorded, and they refuse to help... everytime you call always ask to go directly to a manager

I did ask for a supervisor during one of the calls and the CSR said that it wouldnt help because she had all of the same powers as a supervisor. I have an email in, which i got one response back saying they were glad that it was resolved(of course it isnt) which I replied back that it wasnt. If i dont hear anything I will email the chase carey email address and lay out all of the facts. If that doesnt get me anywhere I will just continue to call and ask about my credit every time that I get a chance over the next 2 years and chalk it up as a learning experience, and at the same time continue to pass on the message to other customers to protect themselves from this type of situation because directv will not put the customer first.

well I got the email back and they still refuse to admit that there was a mistake on their part and still claim that the charge was valid. I will email the CEO but I doubt it will help judging by the comments that I have received from various CSR's thru phone and email. I will continue to email and phone in regards to my credit that was never issued for the next 2 years, and at the least maybe they will get aggravated and drop me as a customer. I am just very disappointed that it has to be this way as I have been a loyal customer of directv for a very long time.

i never said that the cost of the hd dvr is 750. I said the cost was 200, which it is. what he tried to do was cloud the picture by stating that the hd dvr retails for 750 dollars if you want to own it outright. the price for the hd dvr is 199 if you want to lease it. That is the only thing that is relevant to this discussion. Like I stated, the csr tried to fool me into thinking that the hd dvr lease price was 299 when i called back to discuss the hd receiver charges, which was incorrect and I quickly pointed out that 199 was charged to my bill, not 299, and I got a 100 dollar credit. But the hd dvr really isnt a part of the problem at all, as I paid what i was expecting to pay on it.

The lease price for the HD-DVR is/was $299. Check several other threads here, and you will see that. When they offered you the $100 credit on the HD-DVR, that brought the price down again. My guess is that when you were told of the $100 credit on the DVR, you applied it to the already discounted price instead of the base price.

What makes you think they save all these calls. That is a whole lot of disk space.
It is your word against joe blow CSR from how long ago.
You bought something and did not look at what you paid. You have some fault here too. It may not be all you but if you looked at the account before the install it never would have happened.
I know anytime I order anything I look at my account to confirm the charge is what I expected.

The lease price for the HD-DVR is/was $299. Check several other threads here, and you will see that. When they offered you the $100 credit on the HD-DVR, that brought the price down again. My guess is that when you were told of the $100 credit on the DVR, you applied it to the already discounted price instead of the base price.

the first csr offered the hd dvr for 199, since I was using the movers package(was told that i was eligible for the same offers as a new customer since I was using the movers package). I was then transferred to retention who offered 99 dollars off of the 199 price, not one time was a price of 299 even talked about, and the 199 charge along with the 100 dollar credit was charged to the account. but that is not where the problem resides. I paid what I agreed to pay for the hd dvr, the hd receiver that I was supposed to get for free was charged to my account, which is not what I agreed to in the deal.

What makes you think they save all these calls. That is a whole lot of disk space.
It is your word against joe blow CSR from how long ago.
You bought something and did not look at what you paid. You have some fault here too. It may not be all you but if you looked at the account before the install it never would have happened.
I know anytime I order anything I look at my account to confirm the charge is what I expected.

what about the poor soul with no internet access? the main issue here is that directv has a system in place that does not give the customer the benefit of the doubt. If the csr makes a mistake and does not include what was offered you are out of luck. you cant even cancel the contract that you agreed to on completely different terms than what you actually received. so I am basically stuck with having to call and ask for my credit everyday for the next 2 years until I can cancel my service. That is what it boils down to.

what about the poor soul with no internet access? the main issue here is that directv has a system in place that does not give the customer the benefit of the doubt. If the csr makes a mistake and does not include what was offered you are out of luck. you cant even cancel the contract that you agreed to on completely different terms than what you actually received. so I am basically stuck with having to call and ask for my credit everyday for the next 2 years until I can cancel my service. That is what it boils down to.

I agree with the poster. About checking on your order. And ummm, you are not the poor soul without internet access, as we can see here. I wish you luck, I think you got the deal that you would normally get, the one that most of us got, and I am a 13 year sub, with a monthly bill that makes me puke just thinking about it. Sit back and ask your self, did I get something here that is really unusual? Could have been a miscommunication.

I agree with the poster. About checking on your order. And ummm, you are not the poor soul without internet access, as we can see here. I wish you luck, I think you got the deal that you would normally get, the one that most of us got, and I am a 13 year sub, with a monthly bill that makes me puke just thinking about it. Sit back and ask your self, did I get something here that is really unusual? Could have been a miscommunication.

as a matter of fact I never even signed up for the account access at directv until after the issue because I never needed it. If that makes me at fault for directv offering me something and not giving it to me then so be it I guess. I may have got a normal deal, but that is not what was offered, Dish Network offers the same equipment for much less, I want to say 50 dollars. i dont think it is out of the realm of possibility that Directv would come close to matching Dish network to keep a customer onboard, so no, I dont believe I got something unusual. It may have been a miscommunication, but it would have to be on Directv's end as the CSR offered and agreed to the deal. Maybe he was not aware that he could discount 1 receiver and give the other away. That is outside of my area as a customer though.

first, as a longtime subscriber to directv, i am somewhat surprised that you were shocked you got a raw deal. i've only had them like 3 years, 3 different times and i've lost count of all the times they have hosed me.

now, if i'm suppose to be getting a deal, i check recent activity on my account immediately to see if anything has happened. if incorrect activity pops up, i'm on the phone and sending an email asap. you have a right as a customer to demand speaking with a supervisor until there is some sort of resolution.

in all fairness to directv, i haven't always gotten the deal i wanted but i've always eventually been compensated with bill credits or other promos.

i reviewed the bill you posted and it appeared, they charged you 99 dollars for an hr20. this is not unreasonable by any stretch of the imagination. maybe, it wasn't what you were promised (although, i gotta agree with charpie that it sounds like there was definitely miscommunication and misinterpretation).

there's an old wise tale that seems applicable here. if the deal is too good too be true, it is. truthfully, if they really promised you all the freebies, i would have questioned the sincerness of the offer immediately. i think you got a fair deal.

I expect to get what was offered to me on the phone which was a free hd receiver and a hd dvr for 99 dollars. and lets not try and distort the picture, the price of the hd dvr is 200 dollars, not 750.
The lease price is 299.00 the owned price for a HD DVR is somewhere around 750.

Obviously it was a mistake, these things can be fixed. If a CSR offers you more than DTV allows them too then that’s a bad employee not a bad company. I can walk into and store and get a quote for a price on a item if the employee was wrong odds are Ill have to pay the correct price, maybe some manager will change it if its a small ticket item but not something that costs a lot.

So I understand its not what you where quoted but you did get a better deal than if you would have just told the normal rep you wanted to order the equipment.

My thoughts:

a) Why is everyone so eager to defend Directv's awful CSR? I've been off an on with them over the years and it's *ALWAYS* a hassle. As iceturkee mentioned, they eventually make good but let's not pretend like the CSR's don't lie their asses off by making promises they can't keep.

b) Why is everyone so naive? You really believe Directv boxes SHOULD cost $750 retail or $200 for the priviledge of paying a monthly lease fee? I don't see the hardward being that much more expensive than my local cable company who gives away their HD DVR boxes and only charges the monthly fee.

I enjoy my directv (particularly Sunday Ticket) but I will never pay a large fee for hardware I don't own. Nor will I ever drink the Kool-Aid you DTV fans are passing around.

My thoughts:

a) Why is everyone so eager to defend Directv's awful CSR? I've been off an on with them over the years and it's *ALWAYS* a hassle. As iceturkee mentioned, they eventually make good but let's not pretend like the CSR's don't lie their asses off by making promises they can't keep.

b) Why is everyone so naive? You really believe Directv boxes SHOULD cost $750 retail or $200 for the priviledge of paying a monthly lease fee? I don't see the hardward being that much more expensive than my local cable company who gives away their HD DVR boxes and only charges the monthly fee.

I enjoy my directv (particularly Sunday Ticket) but I will never pay a large fee for hardware I don't own. Nor will I ever drink the Kool-Aid you DTV fans are passing around.

exactly, why should I carry the blame when directv is the one with broken promises? if they couldnt make the deal then I would have said have a nice day and hung up.

Like I said earlier, this same equipment is available for much less from Dish Network and my cable co and I would not have been branded a liar. I made the mistake this time, but it wasnt on the deal, it was staying with directv in the first place.

exactly, why should I carry the blame when directv is the one with broken promises? if they couldnt make the deal then I would have said have a nice day and hung up.

Like I said earlier, this same equipment is available for much less from Dish Network and my cable co and I would not have been branded a liar. I made the mistake this time, but it wasnt on the deal, it was staying with directv in the first place.

So cancel you account. You will save money in the long run. and you wont have to deal with the company that mistreated you!!!!!!

its called buyer beware. and i'm not sure you totally did your homework here.

i have never called you a liar. but honestly, i think part of this is your fault. if i've stepped on your toes, its just a word from the wise. i bet you'll be better prepared next time.

So cancel you account. You will save money in the long run. and you wont have to deal with the company that mistreated you!!!!!!

i cant. i tried and they will not allow me to. I will continue to call and email them to remind them that i am owed 99 dollars for the next 2 years though. thats about all i can do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H20-600: 0x2042 Staggered Rollout 11/01/07

No longer allowed to sell DTV Equipment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)