I will never do business with directv again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
im a loser because I moved to receive the 4 networks in hd with dish? wow. :) you really got me there.

I guess you see nothing wrong with the fact that you MOVED. It is aginst the law is it not?
But you can't deal with the fact that a CSR promised you something they could not really give.

You got the HALF back just let it go already.

If they messed up your order then you should call back in and speak with the deparment that you were talking with it may have been the retention deparment, if not then ask for them but the deals they were giving you sounds like that deparment. As well since you got charged $341 dollars. What did they charge you for a whole $299 DVR with shipping and handling? Becuase that is what it sounds like the mistake if you cant get the error corrected then ask for a supervisor if not then go on the website and get the executives emails and email them. They are always getting some where going that route, just a suggestion.

I guess you see nothing wrong with the fact that you MOVED. It is aginst the law is it not?
But you can't deal with the fact that a CSR promised you something they could not really give.

You got the HALF back just let it go already.

what law is it against? Im not aware of any law that states you cant change a service address on an account. It is against the terms of service, and it is unlawful for a satellite provider to willingly do this, but please show me any law that states it is illegal.

what law is it against? Im not aware of any law that states you cant change a service address on an account. It is against the terms of service, and it is unlawful for a satellite provider to willingly do this, but please show me any law that states it is illegal.

Well if you're that confident, I suppose you told your provider that you're doing this, right? Lets see... you're using their equipment to receive signals you're not suppose to be getting. Oh yeah, I'm sure they would have no problem with that. I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but I have a feeling you're going to hang yourself eventually. Man this guy is a trip. :D

Well if you're that confident, I suppose you told your provider that you're doing this, right? Lets see... you're using their equipment to receive signals you're not suppose to be getting. Oh yeah, I'm sure they would have no problem with that. I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but I have a feeling you're going to hang yourself eventually. Man this guy is a trip. :D

yeah, I broke the terms of service with dish network. what law did I break?

You are commiting FRAUD by getting networks that you are not supposed to based on where you live.

What law does it fall under, Gee! I'm not sure , Maybe ask Dishnetwork. I bet they will tell you. I'd like to know how a person can come up with 4 adresses for the same dwelling? Maybe I should try that when the Tax assesser comes around. I wonder where that would get me.

im just interested in knowing what law I broke by changing my service address with dish network. you make accusations, but have no proof to back them up.

im just interested in knowing what law I broke by changing my service address with dish network. you make accusations, but have no proof to back them up.

Try this one and if you don't think it's illegal, why don't you contact D*'s Signal Integrity branch and ask them?

47USC Sec 339

Basically states that your locals are to be provided based upon the market your household is located in. Since it also goes on to talk about how the DBS providers are to pay royalties to the local networks based upon the actual number of customers receiving their signal, it can be (although likely won't be) considered conspiracy to defraud on the part of the customer and a violation of the above mentioned US Code for the sat provider.

This is really no different than trying to get the guy that works on your exhaust system to remove your catilytic (sp?) converter. It's illegal for them to do it, although not necessarily illegal for you to do so.

Try this one and if you don't think it's illegal, why don't you contact D*'s Signal Integrity branch and ask them?

47USC Sec 339

Basically states that your locals are to be provided based upon the market your household is located in. Since it also goes on to talk about how the DBS providers are to pay royalties to the local networks based upon the actual number of customers receiving their signal, it can be (although likely won't be) considered conspiracy to defraud on the part of the customer and a violation of the above mentioned US Code for the sat provider.

This is really no different than trying to get the guy that works on your exhaust system to remove your catilytic (sp?) converter. It's illegal for them to do it, although not necessarily illegal for you to do so.

yeah I was aware of all of that, but it doesnt matter anyway since I am no longer a dish network customer, so I have no reason to call directv and ask. I just wanted to know what law I broke.

Big deal if he "moved". Lots of folks do it to get their HD networks to feed their TV's.

I'd do it in a heartbeat if I was missing some HD networks and wouldn't think twice about it.

Big deal if he "moved". Lots of folks do it to get their HD networks to feed their TV's.

I'd do it in a heartbeat if I was missing some HD networks and wouldn't think twice about it.
I did it because the dish 622 could only had 1 ota tuner, so I couldnt watch and record a network program at the same time.

I will never do business with directv again

Isnt this a D* forum thread?

AMEN to Vurbano!!!! (something I never thought I'd type)

The fact that this thread has gone on this long over what is essentially a one-on-one dispute between one customer and D* reminds me of the old Chinese proverb: "The fights are so vicious because the stakes are so small."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)