I will try a CE tonight...what to do?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

paychekkk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
I will try a CE force tonight at 10:30 pm mountain time. Anyone have success updating the new HD Gui on a HR24-200.
Can't wait to give this a go. No telling when they will roll out the upgrade in New Mexico.
Oops almost forgot. Where are the instructions for the CE download. Can't seem to find them. Seen them somewhere here, but not sure where.
Thanks
Mikey

CE download failed twice on my HR24-200. Darn, have to try again next weekend. When I tried this the HR24 would not change channels and the guide would not come up at all right away. I will leave it on and go to bed and see if it is all good in the morning. It probably takes time to setup.

you might get even more replies if you got this placed into the correct area, but if the unit took the CE firmware download and did it own self reboot. perform a rebuton reset and see if the unit begins to respond.

you say the it failed but then say it it wouldn't changes channels , so I am not sure what really happened.

CE download failed twice on my HR24-200. Darn, have to try again next weekend. When I tried this the HR24 would not change channels and the guide would not come up at all right away. I will leave it on and go to bed and see if it is all good in the morning. It probably takes time to setup.

How does a CE download fail ?

It either loads or it doesn't.

Did you reasd thru the guidelines that Ice posted for you ?

I'm guessing he didn't do the 02468 sequence as soon as the front panel lights came on.

Is there a time between updates? I did an update one day last week and now so far this week I've been unable to get another one. I can't even get the 02468 to work to even check for another update.

I meant that let's say I do an update check on Tuesday 02468 then Thursday I do the 02468 and it doesn't seem to be taking, ie it won't check for an update. No matter if I try the 02468 soon as the blue lights come on or wait until the very first screen, doesn't appear to be taking any direction to go to the screen that shows it's checking for an update. It has in the past.

Getting new software doesn't work at any old time. It works during the CE window of 11PM-230AM on Friday and Saturday nights, and you might get it at other times when the software is in a national release. There is no set schedule for that, though.

The CE download will only work at the specified times, usually between 11pm and 2am Friday and Saturday nights. At no other times will the 02468 toggle a CE download.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)