I would like HD now and soon (?) to be added locals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
I want to get the HD package now and eventually locals whenever they are offered in my area.
I assume I'll need the SuperDish since my locals are slated to come online in the near future. Local dealers tell me the SD will available when locals are up... whenever that is.

Should I wait to become a new customer or will Dish offer free upgrades (SuperDish) for those wanting to add locals when they become available?

Don't expect either satellite company to offer you HD locals in the near future. There is too much bandwith needed and it's just not available. If you are close to receive a signal OTA, then put an antenna on your roof and get FREE HDTV. The quality is the same, if you can receive a signal.

DVDDAD said:
If you are close to receive a signal OTA, then put an antenna on your roof and get FREE HDTV. The quality is the same, if you can receive a signal.

:?: What is the distance that HD will broadcast and can you use an existing tower antenna? I am about 70 miles from any TV station that broadcasts HD. Hence the need for Locals off the bird.

Mark_AR said:
DVDDAD said:
If you are close to receive a signal OTA, then put an antenna on your roof and get FREE HDTV. The quality is the same, if you can receive a signal.

:?: What is the distance that HD will broadcast and can you use an existing tower antenna? I am about 70 miles from any TV station that broadcasts HD. Hence the need for Locals off the bird.

Go to http://www.antennaweb.org and you'll be given an indication of what you'll need to get reception from your location.

I wasn't talking about HD locals, I meant locals offered by Dish over satellite.
I will be a new customer to Dish.
I want The $9.99 monthly High Definition package in addition to either top 50 - 100 package.

Dish claims local channels will be available soon, but who knows what that means.

I'd love to have ESPN HD for the upcoming bowl games or even the Sunday night NFL game.

Since I'll be a new customer I can get free equipment now.
What happens when my locals are available on a satellite that requires a SuperDish?
Will Dish offer a free upgrade because I want locals?
I'd hate to pay later for a SuperDish so I can get a couple SD locals that I can't get with an antenna.

you can get a 811 and 2 301's from sears

From fatwallet.com

I've seen the deals to get a 3 or four room setup free (no cost for the hardware)from many places, but I have not seen a deal including the new HD 811 receiver before. From Sears as advertised on a brochure in the store:

Get a three room setup: two regular receivers(301), 1 HD receiver (JVC 811), and Superdish antenna.
You must sign up for 24 months of programming at the America's top 50 ($24.99 monthly) and HD pak ($9.99 a month).
You can also get a $49.99 monthly credit for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th month if you sign up for America's 100 and the value pak (HBO and Cinemax)($49.99 total). You can drop the value pak after the 4th month. This will give you 3 months free including the HBO and Cinemax, then drop back down to $33.99 per month plus the HD pak cost.

The fine print: You pay $49.99 for this equipment and get a $49.99 credit on your first bill. It also costs $4.99 per additional receiver besides the first one.

The fine print also appears to indicate you can get the 811 and one 301 and only have to sign up for 12 months. Deals are available for the PVR version instead of the HD one and they only require 12 months sign up too.

You can get the same thing from DishStore.NET and instead of paying $49.99 upfront you pay $39.99 and still get $49.99 back. :)

We wont be beat. :D

So I can get a free SuperDish 3 room setup from anywhere and as long as it comes with Free Standard Install it's up to Dish to make sure it gets installed correctly?

Yes that is true Dish will send someone out to install it but in the end it will be up to you to make sure it is installed right. LOL

Scott Greczkowski said:
You can get the same thing from DishStore.NET and instead of paying $49.99 upfront you pay $39.99 and still get $49.99 back. :)

We wont be beat. :D

SuperDish with an 811 and one 301 shipped to my house for $39.99?
When would it ship? Dec 1st?

Guest, nothing will be shipped. You are paying for a Certificate # which you use to order with DishNetwork. The equipment comes with the installer whenever the appointment is established. The $39.99 is Scott's cut :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts