ice storm took out dish e* says home protection plan won't cover it.

Dish does not include acts of God like an ice storm taking out your dish or a car running into a pole mount or anything of that sort so you obviously do not know what you are talking about. The dhpp will support a bad receiver, bad remote, bad lnb, bad cabling etc. but it will not support customer ineptitude nor a dish being knocked out of alignment unless it is the wind and the installer did not use the proper bolts or positioning. I have worked for a dish network dealer off and on for the past 5 years and deal with these types of issues frequently and know the rules and what dhpp covers and what they do not cover. It is obvious by your sentence structure and spelling that you are not a real bright fellow so I won`t waste my time on this thread but good luck to you as you should be able to figure it out since you know so much.:D

To clarify, as this TSR is giving me a headache now; Acts of God and Acts of Nature carry the same meaning in contractual language. However, by omitting the term "God" it eases some tension with strongly religious consumers. (Unless they want to know if their receiver is covered during the Apocolypse.)

Under either language, an ice storm is clearly not covered... I agree with pretty much the rest of what you said. :)

Wouldn't homeowner's insurance cover it? Or no other damage to house?
$500 deductable

dish home protection plan covers all and any problems with any and all dish products.
Actually no it doesnt, there are several things it wont cover and considering how much money dish spent in the gulf coast states during 04 / 05 replacing systems from the dish down I wouldnt be surprised if now the dhpp doesnt cover acts of god.

Dish gives the guy what he wants after complaining and he still cancels to go to Direct TV.

With his reasoning abilities, judgement, communication skill as evidenced by his spelling and punctuation aplumb he could just be an equivalent replacement for the man in White House after graduation. :)

I can see his point and understand his frustration but I do agrea that when offered the world he should have taken it, however he also stated that he had been upset with dish for a while over other issues and this was the final straw.

I wish a tree would knock the dish off my house... Then I would have the motivation to switch back to D*.

On a side note, I must be really bored because I read this whole thread.

Earlier this year we had a small tornado skip through town, then a few of the guys end up with a TC12 because of it :confused:

no DNS tech wants a bunch of TC12's on his record.......means he/she isn't doing a good enough job the first time although most of the TC12's I ever had were because of idiot customers not knowing how to work the satellite receiver

Alright, I didn't go through all 50 plus posts, but to the OP, all you have to do is call back up and tell them you have signal loss, you messed up giving too much detail.

The only problem with this plan is when the tech shows up and see's the problem, he's still in the same boat. Dish will want to charge for the new dish. I as a tech am not gonna eat the cost of it. When we call in to close out if I used a dish for a service call they ask if I collected cash or a check for it.

Over the last 10 years customer service went from bad to terrible. I don't even try to talk to these "english is the third language (not second)" CS people anymore. When I call, I immediately ask for their ID and ask to speak to a supervisor. Some of them had to audacity to refuse to connect me with a supervisor.

Also, I discovered that the only way I can get any results is to threaten to cancel my service. Then they connected me with another person who is in a different group (not CS, can't remember their title) which is the next level up. This person has the authority to make decisions which always resulted in getting what I asked for in the first place.

It's a shame that their CS is in this state, because their product is good.

yeah it is I feel bad for the tech's- I get customers all the time trying to B.S. me saying the tech didnt hook this up I will spend the 45 mins walking some one through a vcr hook up before I take that techs payand believe me it takes that long. Also as mentioned above C.S. are poor- the majority of the customer service are in the U.S. Just answer the prompts correctly and you will get the right person. If you B.S. the prompts and your then dropped into basic help.

yeah it is I feel bad for the techs- I get customers all the time trying to B.S. me saying the tech didn't hook this up I will spend the 45 mins walking some one through a VCR hook up before I take that techs pay and believe me it takes that long. Also as mentioned above C.S. are poor- the majority of the customer service are in the U.S. Just answer the prompts correctly and you will get the right person. If you B.S. the prompts and your then dropped into basic help.

So can you give us the best way to answer the prompts so we get customer service in the U.S? I am new to dish and haven't had to call yet. I did use the live chat system one time and it worked out good. They narrowed my problem down to a bad LNB. I emailed the chat session to the retail shop that installed the dish and he came out the next day and removed and replaced the LNB and fixed the problem.

Two ways to get someone that actually works in the states, one is to keep calling until you get Bob not Haji, the other is to ask to speak with a call center in the states, there is a third actually but it requires you going through the spanish prompts.

Charlies made the stack ranking system ( tech quality and production rating tracking ) to single minded at the expense doing the right thing. If you have your system installed on say July 1st and on July 12th call in because your 9 yr old spilled an entire glass of soda onto the receiver its listed as a trouble within 12 days and it goes against the installer. No matter what the reason for the trouble call when it goes into the system the installer is automaticly at fault, call into upgrade and that goes into the system as a tc12, set up a dishmover and again its the same thing, same guy that wrote the software for this also writes the software for all the receivers :p

...there is a third actually but it requires you going through the spanish prompts.
Ahhh, nice one. I presume the spanish-speaking reps are bilingual and in the states ? I called my credit card company once but the main # was worn off and I could only read the spanish one. When the girl answered, I immediately asked "do you speak english ?" and she of course did, and we went on from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts