iCloud Storage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
We've been considering iCloud storage for our iPhone backups. Is it worth it? My understanding is you can't get a size and have multiple people share it like the Family Sharing is right?

My wife could get by with 50GB for her iPhone whereas I would get 200GB since I have my iPhone and iPad.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I'm pretty sure it's per device per apple ID. Reason being, lots of folks back up to the cloud., making a new device setup pretty simple when you set it up via iCloud back up.

Last edited:
It's for any device on your account. You can decide what to store on the cloud per device. I have 2 iPads and 4 iPhones on my account.

My wife and I have separate Apple IDs. I'm assuming we would have to have two separate iCloud storage?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Thanks guys!! I figured as much but wanted to check. Honestly $4 a month total isn't bad at all to ensure our devices are backed up in the cloud.

Don't forget to factor in your photo use if you use iPhoto. I almost decided to upload everything, but quickly crippled my ADSL-based U-Verse Internet and calculated synching my iPhotos library would knock out my Internet for two weeks to upload 225 GB.

So I enabled the 50gb storage for my wife and 200 for my two devices. I totally overestimated both. My wife's backup with all of her photos and iPhone backup barely cracked 2GB yet on the free 5GB she was maxed out. I don't get that. Mine for both phone and iPad I'm barely at 12GB so I downgraded to 50GB for me.

I have a 150/150mb internet connection at my house.

$64.99 a month after bundling it with a $5 security product that I don't use just to get the bundled discount.

You don't need to buy extra iCloud storage. The only thing you should backup on iCloud is your data minus photos.
For photos and videos use Google Photos as you get unlimited storage for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)