If Charlie ran a TV station...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Raymie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2007
Maricopa County, AZ
(This is humor)

What if Charlie Ergen ran a TV station?

1. It'd be on channel 22 branded as Catch-22.
2. It'd likely be called KERG-TV (get it? K-ERGen)
3. At various times, certain programs would be unavailable because Charlie wasn't talking with their syndicators. (RC disputes)
4. People with certain types of antennas couldn't receive the channel for no reason. (TurboHD)

(Continue the story)

they would give away prizes like trips to nashville for a concert but you have to provice your own transperstation to an airport 500 miles away. if you cant afford to get there, then you can take the alternate prize of a free hat and t shirt from vendors.

they would give away prizes like trips to nashville for a concert but you have to provice your own transperstation to an airport 500 miles away. if you cant afford to get there, then you can take the alternate prize of a free hat and t shirt from vendors.
LMAO! You remembered me! Oh, the Starz MP3 speaker they sent me, has a short in it too. They told me that I could fix it with electrical tape and a soldering iron!

Charlie's station wouldn't be on D*,E*, or cable. He would be holding out for a better deal for his customers.

Turbo subscribers would be getting screwed. Charlie would not be giving them new HD.

We would be sitting around on Wednesday waiting for the uplink report.

He would hire overseas phone reps that you could not understand.

So, pretty much like he runs Dish now.:D:D

Oh yeah...the advertising sales people would speak Spanish, not English.

And every new program or program preemption announcement would occur at 11:19 or some odd time on Wednesdays.

For year after year all the programming would be in SD and Charlie would do monthly editorials on the newscasts saying the HD programming would be "Coming Soon".

Charlie would charge you to turn on the station
He would charge if a phone line is not set up'
And he would call you everyday to verify that you are human and can watch the station or he would pull the plug.

It would require new equipment that you can rent or lease...but would need to be exchanged every 2-3 years.

If Charlie Ergen ran a TV station, it would probably be a darned sight better than most of the crap that's on the air now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)