If dish loses Mlb pack

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Ok been checking things out. There is good reason to belive that Directv will get the extra innings package.So it looks like Dish will lose it. I have to have the Mlb extra innings.But i see alot of things that i do not like about Directv. (1)Dish has more HD than Directv for now and when they do launch the so call 150 Hd channls Dish will catch backup .(150):rolleyes:(2 )I looked at the Directv DVR it not very well made. The vip 622 looks stronger. (3) I have alot of money in two vip 622 Dvr. (4)Just got off the MLB site. They have a new thing called MLB TV Premium. If you have a computer you can watch there. It give you speed up to 1.5mb .And if your team is not on you get along with the pack gameday audio All for $129. It is the same package as Mlb extra innings. But smaller because of the screen.I ran a trial it looks good not great but good.I will save money both ways.:eureka So i am staying

I love MLB EI, but I will not go back to D* just for it. Mainly because I can't live with D*'s horrible PQ. At least the games I'll be able to watch on E* won't be blurry.

I love MLB EI, but I will not go back to D* just for it. Mainly because I can't live with D*'s horrible PQ. At least the games I'll be able to watch on E* won't be blurry.

It amazes me of the people who complain about D* PQ.With my 50" RPTV I haven't had any PQ problems with D* yet.Maybe it's because I have a SD TV with a SD receiver(D10).:rolleyes:

I love MLB also, but I will not switch to D* for it.

Fox midwest carries the cards , kc, games If dish no longer has Mlb extra innings can i see the cards game in Kansas City on Fox midwest.

In San Diego, you have to subscribe to local Cox or TimeWarner cable to get the local RSN for baseball, which is the primary reason I left Dish for cable a year ago. I hate the thought of having to get Direct for MLB Extra Innings should I ever move out of the area. I like Dish and would be with them if it wasn't for the RSN on cable.

You have to pay to watch.

If you like baseball you have to pay to watch. It is looking more and more like all baseball is going to Mlb extra innings. That will explain why Directv wants the deal so badly. I live in Kansas city and most of the time you have to watch Rsn to get the game. Use to be you could get 75 games a year from locals now maybe 30.I know what some of you are thinking. Who cares they are BAD. thats not the point.I see on a Saint Louis web site that alot of Rsn game are go to mlb extra innings.I bet you fan in New York who get the Yes channel better start asking how long tell they come after me. Alot of money for pay to view. So maybe Directv and Mlb are looking down the road.;)

Ok been checking things out. There is good reason to belive that Directv will get the extra innings package.So it looks like Dish will lose it. I have to have the Mlb extra innings.But i see alot of things that i do not like about Directv. (1)Dish has more HD than Directv for now and when they do launch the so call 150 Hd channls Dish will catch backup .(150):rolleyes:(2 )I looked at the Directv DVR it not very well made. The vip 622 looks stronger. (3) I have alot of money in two vip 622 Dvr. (4)Just got off the MLB site. They have a new thing called MLB TV Premium. If you have a computer you can watch there. It give you speed up to 1.5mb .And if your team is not on you get along with the pack gameday audio All for $129. It is the same package as Mlb extra innings. But smaller because of the screen.I ran a trial it looks good not great but good.I will save money both ways.:eureka So i am staying

You could also get a HDTV that is PC compatible.:eureka

I was planning on subscribing to the MLB package on Dish this Aprl, but it looks like it aint gonna happen.

I'll keep on paying my $140/mo to Dish, I refuse to be strong armed by Directv to subscribe to their service!

I might be out of line in saying this, I'll get a hacked system first before I fork my money over to Directv!

Fox midwest carries the cards , kc, games If dish no longer has Mlb extra innings can i see the cards game in Kansas City on Fox midwest.

All the Cardinal games will be blacked out if it's like last year. I also live in KC and the only games we'll see are the Royals, who should be better this year, but they're in the best division in baseball, so still likely to finish last.

Don't expect MLB:EI to be cheap on D*, they almost doubled the MLBtv online game package to $120, ang u know the HD games will cost u extra. I estimate $210 on D*

I'm sure your TV is nice.

But, as he said, it is a known (and verified) fact that D* downrezs and bitstarves more than E*.

Thus HD would look even better on your wonderful TV if you had E*.

Something I don't understand is why MLB would make this type of exclusive arrangement with D*. Before I moved I had Comcast cable which offered the MLB package. Thus, I assumed that the package was available through cable systems throughout the nation as well as D* and E*. Now it seems MLB is about to do this exclusive with D* limiting exposure to the 15m or so D* subscribers. Seems to me that MLB would be better served (both financially and public relations) to offer their product through as many outlets as possible. I've also read about some grumblings in Congress about this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts