If I add another HR24 into my existing whole home setup, how exactly does it work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scottydsntknow

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
New Jersey
Looking for more storage space and ability to record more things at once. The HR34 is ridiculous at $400 right now plus adding external 2 TB HDDs to two HR24s would give me a crapton more storage.

My question is, am I still able to view recorded content on either HR24 anywhere in the house? Like if I was to record Adventure Time on my basement HR24, could I watch it on all the H25s and the other HR24 and vice versa or just the H25s or what?

Looking for more storage space and ability to record more things at once. The HR34 is ridiculous at $400 right now plus adding external 2 TB HDDs to two HR24s would give me a crapton more storage.

My question is, am I still able to view recorded content on either HR24 anywhere in the house? Like if I was to record Adventure Time on my basement HR24, could I watch it on all the H25s and the other HR24 and vice versa or just the H25s or what?
:up

Ok so they are all able to see each other then? Do I have 2 folders on a main menu or is it one big list like it is now? I actually like the setup with the dual DVRs better as I can't ever see a 4 tuner recording conflict and I get double the space and I can add a 5th TV without going over the 8 tuner limit. (2x HR24=4 tuners+3 H25s=8) I'm guessing the only real issue might be remembering to select the right DVR on the Android App...

one list with each show notated from which dvr it is located. and its been a while since I used the app but I believe it asks which dvr to record to.

The app does have a selector on it, my DVR is named livingroom_680 or something, I forget. Yeah I will be calling these clowns and getting another HR24 added on. Then at least one external 2TB HDD to at least double up storage on the new one I may have a hard time convincing my wife to put an external on the upstairs one and lose all our pre-recorded stuff...

With (2) HR24's the sharelist is combined between the two DVR's, and it will identify in the play list which DVR each show is on.

I know because my home setup has (5) HR24's (1) HR34 and (2) H25's

Only thing that sucks is that you can only schedule recordings on the DVR your currently using. For example you cannot go on the DVR in the bedroom and tell it to record on the DVR on the main television.

When you use the H24 or H25 to schedule recordings, it will give you the option of what DVR to put it on.

With (2) HR24's the sharelist is combined between the two DVR's, and it will identify in the play list which DVR each show is on.

I know because my home setup has (5) HR24's (1) HR34 and (2) H25's

Only thing that sucks is that you can only schedule recordings on the DVR your currently using. For example you cannot go on the DVR in the bedroom and tell it to record on the DVR on the main television.

When you use the H24 or H25 to schedule recordings, it will give you the option of what DVR to put it on.

That does kind of suck but I use the smartphone to schedule almost everything anyway. Plus with an extra 2TB over what we have now I can free up a bunch of space on our single one now so it probably will never be an issue.

Now if the HR34 could be upped to 3 or 4TB of storage I might consider it instead once the price comes down a little...

And dear lord FIVE HR24s?!?!?!?! I guess if you need the storage but WOW! Must be nice though.

thats crazy, 17 tuners, maxed a swm-16,how is that hooked up ? does the mrv work for all ?, i have 4 hr24 now and planning on setting up a hr34 with it, tonight i am also adding a tvo22

hoggyz3357 said:
thats crazy, 17 tuners, maxed a swm-16,how is that hooked up ? does the mrv work for all ?, i have 4 hr24 now and planning on setting up a hr34 with it, tonight i am also adding a tvo22

He has either piggybacked 2 SWM16's or set up 1 of the HR24's to run single tuner. I'm going to guess its 2 SWM16's though

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)