if I buy 3 joey's

diestler

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Denver
Currently have 2 722 HD DVR receivers - 4 tvs, 2 hd, 2 sd. I don't mind this set up. What I do mind is I have leased those for 4 years now, the first is free, but I have paid $17/mo for the 2nd for 4 years - that's over $800!

My question is, if I buy 3 Joey's do I still have to pay that $7/mo on each of them? Since the Hopper is free, would I just be charged the $4/mo for whole home DVR and $6/mo for DVR service - so $10/mo beyond the programming costs?

Does anyone know how this works? The guy on the phone said I would still be charged, but he didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about either. Isn't that a lease fee? So how can I be charged a lease fee for equipment I own?

Another question, how much does a Joey cost?

you would be charged $7 per month for every extra hopper or joey regardless of whether it's leased or owned. Any financial advantage there was for buying equipment appears to be long gone. I think any people who still purchase equipment do so to avoid contracts or be able to self install.

I believe the monthly fee is along the lines of an additional outlet fee and not worded as a lease fee.

For 1H/3J or 2H/2J, the cost would be $31 a month for the hardware. $10 of which is the Whole home DVR service fee (they no longer split up the $4 and $6 fee into two charges).

Last edited:
That sucks, thanks guys. I've been a DISH customer for a long time now, but might consider switching to Directv for a good new customer deal - maybe come back to dish in two years? Looking into their whole home dvr service, trying to figure out if it's worth switching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)