If I Don't Need Local Channel Antenna....

Auburn

Original poster
Dec 8, 2020
Tennessee
.....do I still need to include the ORBY diplexer in the line, or can I just connect the main coax directly to the LNB? I would think I could, but wanted to make sure. Thx/

You can delete the diplexer and OTA to the Orby receiver. Just connect your satellite cable direct to the Orby receiver, but if you do that, of course your OTA channels aren't going to work through your Orby receiver, and consequently, you won't have access to the program guide and "favorites" function of the receiver for your OTA channels.
I don't use the Orby antenna, but I have an OTA antenna on a rotator, and still use the diplexer to feed those OTA sigs through the diplexer into the Orby receiver so I can use the receiver functions and have the OTA channels included in my list.

.....do I still need to include the ORBY diplexer in the line, or can I just connect the main coax directly to the LNB? I would think I could, but wanted to make sure. Thx/
Thanks for the replies. My issue is that OTA channels are not available in my install location in the boonies, so I don't have a need for the antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)