If no new HD

If no new HD today then I think my days with Dish are numbered.:(

I think you're days with Dish are numbered. I wish mine were too. I keep tring to figure out ways financially to justify it. I even called D yesterday trying to get them to throw the HD DVR in for free.

I have to make up the $160 for contract termination and having to spend another $150 on ordering center ice. They didn't bite. I'll wait until financially it makes more sense. Just a few more months I think.

I have the same issue with the money thing. I was told $106 to end Dish contract and $297 for Direct equipment (2 HD Recievers and 1 HD DVR). But at this time I am willing to pay it.

What are all the complaints about? Please don't tell me that you come home from work and watch HD all evening long and that getting another HD channel will make you much happier. Don't get me wrong I will welcome another HD channel myself, but really I honestly cannot say when the last time I watched USA or Sci-fi channel was. I don't think it is really worth it, money and energy wise, cancelling an account and go thru the same installation procedure as before, but with the different company. Think about it.

What are all the complaints about? Please don't tell me that you come home from work and watch HD all evening long and that getting another HD channel will make you much happier. Don't get me wrong I will welcome another HD channel myself, but really I honestly cannot say when the last time I watched USA or Sci-fi channel was. I don't think it is really worth it, money and energy wise, cancelling an account and go thru the same installation procedure as before, but with the different company. Think about it.

I just guess that everyone has their own desires - just like you do.

I agree suppa! Most of the channels in hd now are just a waste of bandwidth. Doesn't make any difference if it is Directv or Dish. More quality channels in hd would be nice, but it is not that important. Anybody that changes to direct will not be as pleased with the receiver. I know, I have both.

Please explain why anyone cares what another person does? Does it make us justify our own decisions?

Doesn't matter to me what you or anyone else has, as long as you are happy, and if you aren't you should change as I see it.

If money's no object, I don't see why so many are pussyfooting around.

If you're looking for that final push off the edge, I say go for it brotha.

The more people that jump ship, the more pressure it puts on E* and the sooner I get these channels without giving up my treasured 622.

I was a D* customer for 10 years and I'm not going back to those scumbags for nothing at this point. They manage to find a way to piss me off whether I'm a customer or not.

I am adding DIRECTV hd dvr to my house to compliment my DISH service , not to take the place of it. IF I think that Directv does it better with their dvr and the hd channels look better to me than Dish I will cut down my Dish bill to just locals and two dvrs. But I will decide this by summer . This way I will keep my foot in the door with DISH and still get ota support. THe HR 21 dvr doesn't have ota support so DISH will still be needed . I will then switch the bulk of my programming to DIrectv add another hd dvr and sd dvr . I can do this because I own my dvrs with DISH. I can afford the extra Directv programming because I can pay for it out of my FORCED over time with the state of Texas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts