If you could get - DVR721 or DVR522, which one??

fire_317

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
If you had the option of getting either the DVR/PVR 721 or the DVR 522, which one would you rather have and why?

I like my 721 alot. I can't have a 522 cause charlie doesn't like my current cash flow, he only likes new(leased) cash flow...

But I guess it really comes down to taste and preference. I saw a 522 at Radio Shack, it seemed slow to respond. Not that the 721 is a cheetah. The 721 has no DVR fee no matter what package you have.

Just my two cents.

fire_317 said:
If you had the option of getting either the DVR/PVR 721 or the DVR 522, which one would you rather have and why?
The only choice is really the 721. Having both, the 721 greatly outperforms the 522.

The only difference is that the 522 has 2 tv outputs. If you don't need the extra output, then go for the 721. I have a 721 and it works great (so far).

If I went with a 522 I would likely de-activate one of my standard receivers and leave it in duel mode most of the time to feed 3 TV's. If I got a 721, since their is no DVR fee I would likely add the 721 to my account and leave both my standard receivers active to feed all 3 of my TV's. If my initial out of pocket $ is the same, I would choose the 721.

The crappy thing about the 522 is it's a lease only receiver. So you'll never own that piece of equipment. For some, that may be preferable, but not for me. Anyone got a good 721 for sale cheap? LMK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts