If you have Superstation KTLA

I am a baseball fan and a Vin Scilly fan. thanks. Also there will always bea soft spot in my heart for Dave Roberts.

Reactions: Tampa8
Will this extend the Tribune dispute with them claiming KTLA now is worth more and should be paid more? :)

They should have done this for the entire season. But Dodgers upper level management is a bunch of cheap vindictive sticks in the mud who think they can force Dodger fans into buying what THEY demand they buy.
If I lived in that market and was a Dodger's fan, just on principle, I would boycott the telecasts...
Case and point; When the NBA awarded Bob Johnson the second time around franchise for Charlotte( The arrogant SOB named the team after himself) the first order of business was the local TV deal. Johnson miscalculated by a wide margin when he put his games on digital TV only. At that time, most Time Warner customers were on analog. The bump in price to digital was significant. Consequently, viewership was low.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
I would watch, but I will be sitting in Chavez Ravine for the games on the 23, 24, and 25. But maybe I'll set the DVR.

Reactions: Tampa8
They should have done this for the entire season. But Dodgers upper level management is a bunch of cheap vindictive sticks in the mud who think they can force Dodger fans into buying what THEY demand they buy.
If I lived in that market and was a Dodger's fan, just on principle, I would boycott the telecasts...
Case and point; When the NBA awarded Bob Johnson the second time around franchise for Charlotte( The arrogant SOB named the team after himself) the first order of business was the local TV deal. Johnson miscalculated by a wide margin when he put his games on digital TV only. At that time, most Time Warner customers were on analog. The bump in price to digital was significant. Consequently, viewership was low.

All owners are. They try to claw at the fans' wallets anyway they can. In LA it's through the TV deal. Here in Boston, it's parking and concession prices. The Red Sox charge around $7 for one cup of Bud Light. They don't realize that I can an extra $3.99 at a grocery store in NH and get a 12 pack. The Patriots charge anywhere between $40 and $60 just to park, plus the over priced food and drinks at Guilette.

The fans in Boston will pay. In other places, the fans won't, so the teams go after the rip off tv deals.

All owners are. They try to claw at the fans' wallets anyway they can. In LA it's through the TV deal. Here in Boston, it's parking and concession prices. The Red Sox charge around $7 for one cup of Bud Light. They don't realize that I can pay an extra $3.99 at a grocery store in NH and get a 12 pack. The Patriots charge anywhere between $40 and $60 just to park, plus the over priced food and drinks at Guilette.

The fans in Boston will pay. In other places, the fans won't, so the teams go after the rip off tv deals.

All owners have to, just to try (and fail to) stay competitive with a handful of overspending owners. Where is the MLB salary cap? Every other professional league has one.

GREAT live tribute to Scully now on Superstation KTLA......

MLB Network carried that game and showed some of the tribute but it would have been nice to see KTLA's tribute. What a way for Vin to broadcast his last game , the Dodgers hitting a walk off home run in the 10th to win and clinch the NL West.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)