If you have the blind scan tool, you should also be using TSreaderlite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

guacharaca

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Vernon, BC
If you have the blind scan tool, you should also be using TSreaderlite….unless your thumbs are really big.

I have used my new blindscan tool for a couple of months now and was quite satisfied manually entering the newly found signals (Dvb-S & S2) into DvbDream to see what was found. It does takes some time to scan a single transponder with DVBdream.

The other day I was experimenting with TSreaderlite to see if I was able to find hidden channels. I tuned in the same signals after I manually entered them. Fortunately TSreaderlite tunes the frequency instantly and even shows you a picture of what is on if the signal is in SD. Yes I succeeded in identifying and finding hidden channels.

I then noticed that the TS reader indexes the satellite frequency with an “ini” file. I remembered that my blindscan tool also has the ability to output its findings into an “ini” file.

Now I output that blindscan tool to an ini file, naming the file with the same satellite location format that is used with TSreaderlite (for example: 2730.ini for 87W) and copy it into the appropriate directory in TSreaderlite. (you also need to open the ini file make the first four lines follow the same format as the original file).

Now I am able to go through all the transponders of a satellite in a fraction of the time it took before. Better yet. Now I can see everything on a transponder including hidden channels that were not discoverable with the normal manual scanning technique. Why didn't anyone tell me this before?

i have dvb dream but am unable to get booted up with it. i left several msgs on the forum but no answer to how to get it booted up. i am a legitimate owner but i don't think it likes my dvb world dvb-s2 usb receiver. today just remembered i had this receiver so hooked it up and am trying to scan satmex5 with my 6' primefocus with dmx-741 lnb. new learning project as to how to operate a new program. hopefully i can get a scan of a satellite now and see where the transponders are. charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)