If you were a millionaire...

mexkhmer

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
Denver
Lets say you became a millionaire, what packages or channels would you add?
In my case would get Dish everything pack, latino package, french bouquet, arabic elite... probably more international channels. what about y'all?

I would buy dish, fire everyone in management for the most part. (At least make them reinterview for their Jobs) Restructure and fix dish's problems. I would add channels that rock and make sense, like SproutHD, HDRSN's, and a bunch of others. Maybe launch a few birds, and become America's most watched TV provider that goes beyond just being number one! You can only bandaid so many times before you have to get to the root of the problem!

I would buy dish, fire everyone in management for the most part. (At least make them reinterview for their Jobs) Restructure and fix dish's problems. I would add channels that rock and make sense, like SproutHD, HDRSN's, and a bunch of others. Maybe launch a few birds, and become America's most watched TV provider that goes beyond just being number one! You can only bandaid so many times before you have to get to the root of the problem!
Dish would cost a lot more than $1,000,000. And how much more would you have to pay for the channels you listed?

Lets say you became a millionaire, what packages or channels would you add?
In my case would get Dish everything pack, latino package, french bouquet, arabic elite... probably more international channels. what about y'all?
I'm assuming you mean multimillionaire as a million dollars by itself will not get you much.

With that said, if I suddenly got a few million dollars the last thing I would worry about is what TV package I will be getting. I would probably end up watching even less TV as I would be able to afford to do other things away from my house. The last thing I want to do is sit in the house all day and watch hundreds of channels.

I would probably keep the same exact package I currently have as it is currently the ideal package for me. There is no point in me paying for more channels if I am never going to watch them whether I could afford them or not

If I had a million dollars, I wouldn't have time to watch tv. I would be treveling the world.
Exactly. All though you would probably need more than just a million dollars.

I would try to hit every major ski resort in the world and do some August skiing in New Zealand.

If I had a million dollars, I wouldn't have time to watch tv. I would be treveling the world.
With that said, if I suddenly got a few million dollars the last thing I would worry about is what TV package I will be getting. I would probably end up watching even less TV as I would be able to afford to do other things away from my house. The last thing I want to do is sit in the house all day and watch hundreds of channels.
My thinking exactly !

I'd have a standard sized ice rink built for myself and friends, covered sides and roof, but no need for seating other than a couple of rows of bleachers max.

Just keep in mind the Everything pack is not everything. It's missing a few movie and sports channels for no reason that I can discern.

Lets phrase it a different way... If you did not have to worry about such a small expense as TV why not just buy everything and not worry about it. Probably go for that DIRECTV Titanium package that they used to have that even included all PPV.

But, then again you would probably have too many other things to do than to worry about what was on your TV. I would say there is probably an inverse relationship between wealth and TV watching. The more wealth you have the more other things you can do besides watch TV, so overall TV watching drops a lot. You probably have everything on your TV, but watch very little of it... Probably really seems small when you divide up your TV watching over a bunch of houses.

I'd get every package that Dish offered, then come over here and complain that they didn't give me anything when they offered free previews of channels I was already paying for. ;)

I once added all the packages I wanted on MyAccount and clicked how much it will be... It will be like $320.
It was the Everything pack, Latino bonus, all the european packages, chinese pack, the brazilian who had the soccer channel and globo, Blockbuster. Not pron tho' :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts