I have a PVR501 in the living room and a 301 in the bedroom. I have a dish 500 that lets the 2 receivers work independently. I also have a second dish to allow viewing local channels and future HD viewing. I have gotten the $1.99 extended warranty and it has been in effect over 30 days. Since my 501 is about 4 years old, and is starting to act funny ("wait til disk spins up" message occasionally sticks, requiring a reboot) and me remote for it is starting not to respond to key presses, I'm wondering if it is time to act on getting/swapping/buying new gear. I do want to continue with a DVR product and have no immediate plans to buy a HD tv. Given what you all know out there of the latest deals, etc. :arrow: If you were me, what would you do? Thanks out there and happy holidays.