If you were me? Repoint Dish 1000 or buy 1000.2

cincyguy2k4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
Im in a situation. I have the HD package and one of those who are suffering from 129 going out if there is a cloud even thinking of coming by my house (let alone it actually raining).

I am a hands on kind of guy so I dont want a Dish installer repointing my dish for me. Last time that happened I was out repointing my dish to get 110 on a Dish 500 the next day.

I got a Dish 1000 right now. Which would be better....trying to repoint the 1000 or buy a 1000.2 to get better reception?

We are trying to sell the house so we dont want Dish coming out and putting us in a 2 year agreement. A second sat is not an option either.

Another reason is that we may not have Dish at the next place. As much as I love the service, the wife is REALLY getting frustrated about no HD locals on the sats. With the "HD Only" service we just downgraded to going out often, she is getting more and more frustrated.

Thanks very much for your comments in advance. You will be helping a 10+ year Dish advocate out here!!!

The problems you describe aren't typical for the Ohio area. It is likely that if the dish is installed properly you can get it dialed in better.

I'd try fine tuning your existing dish to improve 129 before any other changes. I would suggest going into the signal strength screen and seeing what signals you get. You may be low across the board, with 129 being the lowest of the three. Even in Seattle, I'd pick up 129 OK with a regular 500 dish (and I bracket), it was just the cyclic loss of signal every 25ish minutes on the weakest transponders where the larger dish helped.

My 2 cents, though.

Miner

Save yourself a few bucks and retune the dish 1000.

You need to peak the 129, make sure mast is plumb, skew is correct.

Since this is a repeating issue, I'll assume your LOS is good, but make sure the top pivot bolt is tight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)