IHA - I HATE ACRONYMS

bobc469

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 27, 2004
NW Oregon
I enjoy reading through the various threads, but it is easy to get lost with all the use of acronyms.

I'm not new to this, I've been a Dish customer for more than 12 years, but I still find acronyms that I have never run across or forgotten what they mean.

Would it be possible to post a list of Acronyms and their meanings so a person could find out what something means while reading the forums.

Tnx (Thanks) QRU (nothing further).

BC

The proper terminology is TLA (three letter acronym). I worked at Ford and had a TLA dictionary.

We used to have a Glossary here on the forum. But for some reason Scott had to remove it after some version updates. I don't remember why.

PTAT = Primetime Anytime: Records all 4 Broadcast Networks during primetime hours on one tuner in the new Hopper system (as long as Dish offers your HD locals)

How does E* stand for DISH Network??

It doesn't anymore, as Echostar is a separate company and is no way part of Dishnetwork. DISH is the proper name now since they dropped the network part of their name. In the early days they used E* to define Dishnetwork since they owned them, and they used D* to define Directv. I have used DISH for Dishnetwork for years now and have always hated acronyms for either sat company.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)