I'll be moving soon, What to expect from Dish?

RocketFoot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Southwestern PA
If all goes well, I will be moving within 2 months. How much is Dish gonna charge me to make the move? I know about Dish mover program, but is there a better or cheaper way to get hooked up in the new house? I may want to add an extra room or two also. Any ideas or advice appreciated...

Adding to this.......

Can you move and set up your dish(s) yourself, take your receiver with you and then just call them and tell them you moved?

If it takes a few weeks to get everything working again will they shut your account down?

The receiver wouldn't be plugged into the phone, so I'm wondering if that would trigger some disconnect procedure from Dish Network.

Greg Mueller said:
Adding to this.......

If it takes a few weeks to get everything working again will they shut your account down?

The receiver wouldn't be plugged into the phone, so I'm wondering if that would trigger some disconnect procedure from Dish Network.
If he has a dual-tuner receiver then he probably will be charged a $5 fee if it stays disconnected for an extended period of time. He should probaby call Dish and tell them he's moving to avoid this.

Yeah, I am just gonna use Dish Mover. I have the older Antenna anyway. I often think I am getting some digital compression issues because of this. If I use Dish Mover, I will get the latest and greatest...right? Anybody know how much it costs for Dish mover?

he one year or 18 mo. commitmint and your mover is freeup to 4 rooms. If you want to add more rooms you want to tell them right a wabecause if you will di it later they will charge installetion fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)