I'm a Bad, Bad Boy!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

directvfreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
When I saw the website that allowed you to send a message saying "Save my Distant neworks on Dish", I clicked on it and filled out the form. But.... I changed it to saying "I'm a DirecTV customer wanting the Distants to be taken from dish so DirecTV can get more customers".

:( you know carma? what goes around comes around. it will hurt every one in the long run. I'm a dish network customer with distants and will do my best to keep the right to my distant networks. with merger talks what would happen then, directv would be out and if no merger you know dish will point at directv saying what about them? if i cannot have distants then no one should be allowed!!! and there right!!!:hatsoff:

I agree Hobo. I sent one saying I a Direct customer but wanted them to keep the Dish distants as this will eventually roll over to Direct. Also stated that this is the only option for some people, mainly in rural areas.

It is not a Directv vs Dish issue. It is the right of the consumer to have choices. If someone is willing to PAY for the distant networks, then they should be allowed to. I don't like when the clowns in Washington think they know what is better for us. Some of these politicians should start worrying about themselves and stay out of our business.

If dish loses this would hurt both dish and direct.
It would be nice to pick which local networks to view.
If you want to watch 10 different locals " like in a package deal "
would be even cooler:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
hobojoe said:
:( you know carma? what goes around comes around. it will hurt every one in the long run. I'm a dish network customer with distants and will do my best to keep the right to my distant networks. with merger talks what would happen then, directv would be out and if no merger you know dish will point at directv saying what about them? if i cannot have distants then no one should be allowed!!! and there right!!!:hatsoff:

Direct has been following the law when it comes to dns but despite federal courts warning them for 8 years or so E* has not and now a federal court has ordered them (E*) to shut down ALL of their dns subs. Of course it's going to appeal but it doesn't look good for E*. There's folks posting on this forum that have dns locals from 3 cities across the country and E* is the one providing them. Now that's plainly llegal and E* knows it but ignores the law and does it anyway. As far as a merger I don't think D* will ever agree to a merger but more likely would buy out E* if the government will even allow it.

:eek: really stupid question. i have dns for Laos Angele's and new york. and i also have my locals. you mean i could have added another dns? i would love to go on line and have one switchable so if theres something going on or I'm going to visit say La's Vegas i could watch there news.

friend,a news coming out from NagraVision..a new catalyst leaks from the philippines that could cuts off all free to air recievers.attention all hacker's be carefull.a catalyst is from fujitsu solution.one of the best solution from the philippines.a reliable source said that the catalyst was paid by Dream TV from a source inside the Company(name of company will not be posted)but i know the name of the source guy..he is also responsible in the last ECM countermeasures done by Dream Tv..he also sell the software to Dream Tv..(NEC solution that damage all encryption modules..

thanks, inform you more.please post
swedhish from here

hobojoe said:
:eek: really stupid question. i have dns for Laos Angele's and new york. and i also have my locals. you mean i could have added another dns? i would love to go on line and have one switchable so if theres something going on or I'm going to visit say La's Vegas i could watch there news.

right now spotbeams will prevent that.
I believe that radius is 300 miles.
If you live with in 300 mi. of vegas,then you would pick it up.
I beleve La ,NY and Denver, are the 3 non spot beam cities for Dish.
There maybe 1 or two more cities......not sure.

bgilga said:
It is not a Directv vs Dish issue. It is the right of the consumer to have choices. If someone is willing to PAY for the distant networks, then they should be allowed to. I don't like when the clowns in Washington think they know what is better for us. Some of these politicians should start worrying about themselves and stay out of our business.
Oh they're not worring about us, no they're worring about the guys who line their pockets.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)