I'm adding HD and need some advice please

Cune

Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Hello,
I've seen a few similar questions and instead of hijacking those threads I thought I would start a new one for my question.
I currently have a 625 dual dvr box that serves my family room and bedroom. I also have a 311 by itself serving a living room.

I want HD and DVR on the FR & BR still and just HD in the LR. What would my best setup be?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

If you want HD in all 3 places, I'd get 3 211k's, buy as many external hard drives as needed, and pay the ONE TIME $40 DVR activation fee. Your extra receiver fees would be $14.

Can I record and watch a different channel at the same time with the 211k? I just realized that I needed that option in place of the 625.

I would see how much/commitment Dish wants to upgrade the 625 to a 722. Then see about getting a 211k cheap (either new at dishstore.net or a used one). When Dish does the upgrade from a 625 to a 722 they will fix up your dish and switches as needed for HD. Since the 722 would be your primary receiver, your bill will stay the same (211 and 311 are same monthly price), if you get free HD for life with CC autopay and paperless billing.

Prolly need a 722k to do TV1 HD TV2 SD, and a 211k for 3rd HD as a cheaper route. Your extra receiver fee would only be $7, and of course the $6 DVR fee on the 722k.

I was thinking that might be the route to go..

Thanks!

You mentioned at first you wanted HD and DVR on two rooms, and just HD on the third. I would probably have to side on dahenny's first post as that gets you the gear you want in one swoop. the $23 equipment option would be two 612's and a 211. That would give you everything as well, just costs more in equipment. The great thing with this setup though is that you would get to record two things at once on the DVR no matter the channel, and have HD all three rooms. Make sure you check out the HD Free-for-life as well. We can help you with the upgrade as well if you want to PM a phone number so I can check your account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)