I'm brand new here with a 222K question...

Chuck In Ohio

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
Athens, Ohio
Hello everyone.

I'm brand new to the forums and a brand new DISH Network customer with a problem/questions.

Does the following happen often with these guys? Has anyone heard of this problem before? Is there anything I can do on my end to try & correct this? If so, why didn't they tell me?:

We just had DISH Network installed less than two days ago. Everything seemed fine. The installer left. Two hours later our VIP222K receiver kept losing signal. The picture would freeze, then the audio would drop out, then the screen blacked out, then the screen said DISH Network starting up, then it went through the five step process of acquiring the signal. Then it would come back on, stay on for about five minutes and go through the lost signal thing all over again for ten-fifteen minutes. This cycle has been repeating since Thursday 7PM. It's currently 1PM on Saturday. I've called DISH twice. They said they'd "try to get someone out there". I knew what that meant. Now it looks like the earliest we're going to get a technician is Monday. Holiday weekends apparently are among other things, a good excuse.

:(I would never treat a brand new customer this way REGARDLESS of the situation. I would have dealt with it IMMEDIATELY (between tech/install work orders...whatever).

Thanks and excuse my venting frustrations on my first post.

Chuck

fixed!

Thanks for the response. I did try that earlier.

About two hours after I posted this (on Holiday, nonetheless) the original installer showed up. That really surprised me. He replaced the receiver and things are working perfectly now. He was courteous and professional both times- a real plus for the company.:)

Thanks for the response. I did try that earlier.

About two hours after I posted this (on Holiday, nonetheless) the original installer showed up. That really surprised me. He replaced the receiver and things are working perfectly now. He was courteous and professional both times- a real plus for the company.:)
Oddly enough same thing happened to me on a new 222K. called Dish and the same installer came back and he replaced the receiver. No trouble since Knock on Wood it's been 3 weeks

Hmm-m. Same thing has happened to me several times on my new 222K installation. Pic would pixelate and I would reset the machine (per CSR's directions). It would be okay for awhile and then several days later the same thing. Would affect both TV's of my dual tuner unit.

I'll definitely be calling for a truck roll and a new tuner if it happens again.