I'm finally getting around to installing my "new" GeoSat Pro 90cm

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bluebeard123

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
Truckee, CA
Ku satellite dish. I purchased a Stab HH100-HH120 rotor and I was in the middle of attaching everything to my roof when I found that the post on the Stab is 2" and the post clamp on the Geo Sat is 1.5". Now what? I assume Geosat makes a clamp that is 2"? Where would I get this? I was hoping to get this in before the next snowstorm due for Tuesday next week. Oh well, there is always a shovel.....

Not bearing good news.... :(

The HH100 and the HH120 will not fit the GEOSATpro 90cm. The HH90 is suitable for mounting the GS90cm. Unfortunately, short of creating a custom bracket for the 90cm, this combo will not work. The 90cm mounts on a 42mm post and the HH100 and HH120 have 50mm tubes. You might consider buying a HH90 with a 42mm tube or a dish with a larger mounting bracket to fit the your motor.

Not bearing good news.... :(

The HH100 and the HH120 will not fit the GEOSATpro 90cm. The HH90 is suitable for mounting the GS90cm. Unfortunately, short of creating a custom bracket for the 90cm, this combo will not work. The 90cm mounts on a 42mm post and the HH100 and HH120 have 50mm tubes. You might consider buying a HH90 with a 42mm tube or a dish with a larger mounting bracket to fit the your motor.

Bummer- the location chosen is susceptible to VERY HIGH Winds (100mph +) and that is why I bought the bigger Stab. Which dish would work?

My dish is the GEOSAT Pro 90CM- You just told me I need to get a bigger dish? I have my 9 foot C Band dish, but as I remember it was recommended that I get a separate dish for Ku. I asked you in my last post if Geosat made a bigger post clamp. What am I missing?

Ku satellite dish. I purchased a Stab HH100-HH120 rotor and I was in the middle of attaching everything to my roof when I found that the post on the Stab is 2" and the post clamp on the Geo Sat is 1.5". Now what? I assume Geosat makes a clamp that is 2"? Where would I get this? I was hoping to get this in before the next snowstorm due for Tuesday next week. Oh well, there is always a shovel.....

You might give AI Satellite a call. They have an item called the QPA-2-166OP - Quick Pipe Adapter. I emailed them a while back regarding compatibility with the Stab HH120. I didn't get one yet but they say it will fit. :)

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 10:27 AM, <**********@*******.***> wrote:
I have a question regarding item QPA-2-166OP - Quick Pipe Adapter (http://www.aisatellite.com/files/product/pdf/QPA-2-166OP.pdf). Although it is advertised as a 2" over the pipe adapter, will it fit over the shaft of a Stab HH120 Rotor? The HH120 has a shaft size of 54MM (2.126"). Thanks!

Yes it will fit over the HH120 Shaft size. The ID on the QPA2-166 OP in 54.93 mm , In stock Please call
815 969 7500, Ask for Lisa Smith. cost $14.95 ea.

I thought that you had an older KU dish mounted on the side of your house under the eave. If not, sorry.... my bad memory.

If you want to use the GEOSATpro 90cm, buy the STAB HH90. If you want to use the HH100, you will need a dish that has a larger pole mount. The only similar sized KU dish with a larger pole clamp that I would recommend is the Winegard DS-3100. Most 80cm-1m dishes available on the market are either too heavy for HH motors or are lightweight junk.

I personally wouldn't use the above adapter as it moves the weight and load further away from the motor and greatly increases the stress on the motor hardware. I would contact the HH100 seller and see if they could exchange for the proper motor (HH90).

Think I'd see if a couple 2 inch muffler clamps wouldn't be useful first (But that's 'ME") Can't see what you're 'up against', and haven't done the same, so it's only a suggestion. Sorry Red Green, no Duct tape.
At least the muffler clamps are easy to find and may work.

I personally wouldn't use the above adapter as it moves the weight and load further away from the motor and greatly increases the stress on the motor hardware. I would contact the HH100 seller and see if they could exchange for the proper motor (HH90).
These are my thoughts as well. That adapter may work, but will put a lot of undue stress on the motor. Call the the seller and see what they say about an exchange.

Well, I bought the Stab off ebay, maybe 6 months ago, so I probably cannot return. So stuck with the dilemma of either getting a new (bigger) dish to fit the Staab 100, or keeping the Geosat Pro and getting the smaller Stab- which is the best recommendation. And whichever one is chosen, I will have some new (unused) parts for sale for cheap. Also the decision needs to take into consideration that I am in an area with potentially excessively high winds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts