I'm getting several sports channels in "HD" now on D*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did mention it looked like a stretched signal, and in a couple posts I mentioned that channels were in the 600's, and that one phillies game was listed as "HD" on 647.

So, yes, its not true HD, but they are obviously starting some sort of switch. Like another poster said, some of these channels stretched out last week, but I didn't notice it, so I posted it.

Sorry if I caused a false alarm, but I think its evidence that somethings about to flip over.

I did mention it looked like a stretched signal, and in a couple posts I mentioned that channels were in the 600's, and that one phillies game was listed as "HD" on 647.

So, yes, its not true HD, but they are obviously starting some sort of switch. Like another poster said, some of these channels stretched out last week, but I didn't notice it, so I posted it.

Sorry if I caused a false alarm, but I think its evidence that somethings about to flip over.

Sounds to me like you're watching a standard digital channel in 1080i. You can stretch any picture if your format is 1080i instead of 480i,,,, but that ain't HD. Confusing, ain't it. :confused:

Robin

The provider can be doing it at the source; sending it to DirecTV that way. Isn't that what TNT does; or did when it started. I am not sure I only watch it during NBA season.

False alarm.

Certain firmware versions on certain receivers have a bug where they always stretch SD channels with interactive content.

I have the premiere D* package, and starting checking all the obscure sports channels that I never watch to see if they had an HD option.

Right now, YES and MSN and several midwest comcast channels are coming over in HD, but it looks more like a stretched signal.

BTW, great forum... been reading for awhile, just registered now to give you the news.

Hit the format button on the remote and that should tell you what resolution your looking at

I have a similar problem on one tv, where certain 600's rsn's come in stretched. But its not all of them. And all other channels appear how they should. I had to set it my tv because of this on 4:3 which makes them look more narrow then normal, now i have to stretch it which makes it look normal, and all actual HD channels come in how they should. try that

Active channels have been stretched on my h20 since the last software update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)