I'm getting tired of EHD problems! Anybody try adding a larger internal HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kizzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2016
Nebraska
When I had a Tivo Bolt, there were youtube videos on how to install a larger internal HD. worked great. How about Hopper 3?

Is your H3 leased or owned? If leased it would not be wise to be opening it up and swapping out hardware. Having said that my first instinct is to say no. That's what adding external HDs for extra storage accomplishes.

I don't believe you can replace a Hopper internal HDD. I don't think it will initialize it on its own.

2 hopper 3's and your running out of space. Perhaps maybe be a bit more selective with your recordings. How are your hopper 3's hooked up how bout some install pics a year later and dollars short.

Is your H3 leased or owned? If leased it would not be wise to be opening it up and swapping out hardware. Having said that my first instinct is to say no. That's what adding external HDs for extra storage accomplishes.

One is owned.

And I'd be fine with EHD except it doesn't always work. And you can't see the contents easily, you have to change sources. When I try to move programs from Hopper to EHD, it works sometimes, not all the time.

A larger internal HD would solve a lot of problems. I hope the Hopper 4 has a 6TB HD (or larger.) DISH, I hope you are listening!

2 hopper 3's and your running out of space. Perhaps maybe be a bit more selective with your recordings. How are your hopper 3's hooked up how bout some install pics a year later and dollars short.

Sometimes I store movies and other shows for future use. I hate to delete something, although I may not watch it again for a long time.

I don't believe you can replace a Hopper internal HDD. I don't think it will initialize it on its own.

Sure it will; I replaced both of my HWS internal HDD's with brand new ones when they both crashed last year, got the HDD's off Amazon.
HOWEVER, I DID use the same, exact replacement HDD's as what was already in them...so I was not trying to put a larger one in that what was already in there.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/replace-hopper-internal-drive.345349/

Thanks for the info about self initializing. Now I wonder- is there a different Dish DVR that does not self initialize automatically, or is my memory completely wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)