I'm going to be testing a new Imax consumer projection system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OoTLink said:
Happy Birthday!
It all sounded great until you specifically mentioned a PC running Microsoft Windows Vista.
!protest
Does it specifically know if you're using Vista and thus block linux/mac/BSD machines from using it? :p
I wouldn't buy one if it was the last projector on earth, in that case.

It will work with all other operating systems just to start. I was talking about the fact that Windows Vista "will not" output full HDTV quality to an HDTV monitor unless that monitor supports HDCP. So at least over 50" of current flat-panel monitors that support resolutions of 1920x1080p and have DVI connectors don't support HDCP. This means that nothing will be outputted in true HDTV with these monitors using Windows Vista except the desktop. This means that no movies such as WMV HD movies can be played back at all with these monitors. Pretty much none of the CRT monitors support HDCP. So if you want full HDTV playback with Windows Vista you must get a monitor that supports HDCP content protection over its DVI port or its HDMI port. Also expect most video cards coming out soon to have an HDMI port and include an HDMI to DVI adapter. Once this occurs most new monitors will have both an HDMI and DVI connector in the future.

Aw yes, that :| That's pretty lame :(

Might just be an every OS thing too if the MPAA gets their way. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strip Britney Java Game

Cingular Wireless Broadband Goes Live

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)