I'm having a DP brain fart...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tankerman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
Northeastern Maryland
Sorry guys... I know this info is already posted here somewhere, but I was looking for info that's more specific to me.;)

This is my current set up:
I have a Dish 500 with a DP Twin LNBF looking at 110/119.
And a Dish 300 with a DP Dual LNBF looking at 61.5
They are fed into a DP34 switch.

In my living room I have 3 wires coming in and a VIP622. 1 wire is for OTA, the other 2 are going into the 622.

Bedroom #1 has 2 wires coming in and a 510 receiver. 1 wire for OTA, and the other going to the 510.

Bedroom #2 has just 1 wire coming in, and a 508 receiver.

So all 4 of the outputs on my switch are in use.
I own all of my equipment except for the 622, which I lease.

I just purchased a VIP722 from Dishstore.net, it should be here by this weekend. The 722 is going to go in the living room. I'm already set up for this switch out.
The 622 is going to move to bedroom #1.
The 508 is going to retire to my Echostar graveyard in the basement.:D

Bottom line is that I'm trying to feed the receivers without running more wires. I know that if I want to use a separator, I need to use a DPP switch, but I don't need the 4th input to the switch.
If I do go with the DPP switch, will I also need DPP LNBs, or can I keep using my DP LNBs?
Or should I keep what I have and just add a 2nd DP34, and run the extra wires.

Thanks guys...

It sounds like the best solution for you would be to get a DISH 1000.2 because it has three DPP outputs, and use separators on the dual tuner receivers. The DISH 1000.2 will get you the 119/110/129 birds and if you still require the 61.5 there is an input for that.

It sounds like the best solution for you would be to get a DISH 1000.2 because it has three DPP outputs, and use separators on the dual tuner receivers. The DISH 1000.2 will get you the 119/110/129 birds and if you still require the 61.5 there is an input for that.
I thought about that too, but I have no use for 129. I get Phiily locals which are only on 61.5
Plus my 110/119 dish is about 150 feet away from my 61.5 dish, on the other side of the house.

If it were me I would replace the DP Twin on the DISH 500 with 2 DP duals. It's just a matter of preference but I don't like the idea of hooking the built-in switch on the twin with a 34 or 44 switch. Kind of a "the less there is to go wrong, the less that will go wrong" thing.

no in fact u arnt supposed to, the best combo is dp duals (in your case 3 of them) going into the switch. The idea behind that is so there arnt 2 switches that could cause them to fry.

then feed everything into the dpp44 (pick it up on ebay for about 80 bucks) use one cable to each box, for the 622 and 722 use a dpp separator to feed both the turners

no in fact u arnt supposed to, the best combo is dp duals (in your case 3 of them) going into the switch. The idea behind that is so there arnt 2 switches that could cause them to fry.

then feed everything into the dpp44 (pick it up on ebay for about 80 bucks) use one cable to each box, for the 622 and 722 use a dpp separator to feed both the turners

OK, this is what I'm going to do. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm going to use my existing LNBs (DP Twin for 110/119 and DP Dual for 61.5 [with only connection being used]).
I'm going to replace my DP34 switch with a DPP44 switch. This will enable me to use just one wire to go from the switch to each receiver.
From my wall plate I will then use a DP Separator to feed tuner 1 and tuner 2 of my 622, and the same on the 722.

Last edited:
OK, this is what I'm going to do. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm going to use my existing LNBs (DP Twin for 110/119 and DP Dual for 61.5 [with only connection being used]).
I'm going to replace my DP34 switch with a DPP44 switch. This will enable me to use just one wire to go from the switch to each receiver.
From my wall plate I will then use a DP Separator to feed tuner 1 and tuner 2 of my 622, and the same on the 722.

Sounds right! The DPP44 is designed to be used with either all duals or regular DP LNBs, but NOT the Twin Plus. I guess you could swap out the LNB on your 500 if you're really bored, but...

don't think you need that 44 switch

Let me see if I got this right: You want to end up with a 622 and 722 controlling four rooms.

If that's the case, and I may have read this post wrong, you don't need that 44 switch - you don't even have to run new cables. You have everything you need already.

Save yourself a ton of money and use diplexers to backfeed your TV2's

Let me see if I got this right: You want to end up with a 622 and 722 controlling four rooms.

If that's the case, and I may have read this post wrong, you don't need that 44 switch - you don't even have to run new cables. You have everything you need already.

Save yourself a ton of money and use diplexers to backfeed your TV2's

I don't think he has quite everything he needs. Using diplexers for the OTA (and maybe backfeeding the TV2 outputs) would eliminate having to run new cables, but he would still need another DP34.

yep

I don't think he has quite everything he needs. Using diplexers for the OTA (and maybe backfeeding the TV2 outputs) would eliminate having to run new cables, but he would still need another DP34.

Guess it would depend on if he is keeping that 510 hooked up or making it a TV2 off one of his Vip's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)