Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I went to watch VOOM on Saturday Night only to be disapointed instead of getting a satellite signal and the little satellite icon being green, I was getting no signal and the satellite icon was red.

I figured maybe it was due to the weather and watched Dish Network instead.

The next day I went to watch VOOM and same thing, the weather was clear.

Up to now I still have no VOOM service, nothing has changed at all in my setup. When I go to the setup screen and check the satellite signal I get nothing.

I really have no idea why I am not getting any signal. As I said nothing has changed on my end that I know of.

Is there anyway I can test things to make sure the recend software upgrade and downgrades didnt blow up my receiver somehow?

I would call VOOM to have them come take a look however next week we start doing some renovations including putting on a new roof so it would be a wasted trip for them.

My wife says I should just cancel the service and have it reinstalled in the future since I don't watch VOOM much anyways. But I would rather have VOOM then not have VOOM.

How about OTA? Do you get any signal on OTA channels?
If the box works (has not locked up), the problem must be with your dish or wiring. Check all the cables first.

Yes OTA is coming in fine.

I will check the cables tonight, who know my 2 year old likes to be like daddy and rewire things. :)

Have you done a hard reset on the box. (unplug it for a few seconds)

Also check the LNB to be sure that it is seated properly. I have seen that situation completely lose satellite signal when I had D*.

I have done a reset by holding the power button down on the box.

I can't reach the LNB, the dish is on the roof of my house. :)

I had the same thing on one of my stb's and a reset fixed it. Weird thing is that the box with the problem is turned off every night while the stb in my HT is never shut off and it works fine except for a sometimes shortened EPG.

I unplugged my box for 15 minutes then plugged it back in, now all is well again. Unplugging it was a pain the in the butt as to get to the power strip I needed to move the entertainment center it is in.

Oh well, I be VOOMing again!

Scott Greczkowski said:
I needed to move the entertainment center it is in.
Perhaps you have a poor connection (satellite cable) and moving the entertainment center did the trick! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)