I'm missing something

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ramthebuffs

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 4, 2007
When doing a blind scan do I have to have all of the transponders already set or does the box snoop around for you?

May depend on your rec type=most of the time blind scan means just that, it finds the transponders, then scans them all for ya. On some rec'rs there is also an Auto-scan
choice, that one usually just scans transponders already stored in it's list.

My Pansat has Smart Search which sets up transponders active and searches. It also can just scan the transponder info stored or allow you to manual do one transponder. Depends on what your receiver does.

I have a merc 2, but some feeds aren't shown that are listed on message boards. I'll try and remain a little vague, but as an example, theres a sat that shows very few transponders on lyngsat but is constantly providing backhauls outside of what lyngsat says it should.

are you saying when someone posts a wildfeed your not able to pick it up ? a larger dish might help, better lnb, etc.

lyngsat is a good resource for finding the allways on stuff, and tries to let you know what tp might send feeds, but keep in mind that providers can use whatever freq/symbolrate they want, and often their not listed on lyngsat.

blindscan will help you find whats on right now. scan often ;)

yeah, thats what I'm saying. I guess you could say 'boxing' in spanish and judging by your post I would guess we're on the same page. Anyway, I'm on a smallish dish, I think it may be 80-90(planned upgrade, and a lot of the content is 422 which doesn't work with 422 anyway. But I would expect something.

Anyway I'm not too worried as these are all upgrades, but I would like to get things sorted before the kiddies start to kickoff this fall.

I have a merc 2, but some feeds aren't shown that are listed on message boards. I'll try and remain a little vague, but as an example, theres a sat that shows very few transponders on lyngsat but is constantly providing backhauls outside of what lyngsat says it should.

Backhauls come and go so they may not be up always. Blind scan does not always find the channel, sometimes you have to enter the pid's in manually. Im not sure what causes this. I think that there is some bit of data the programmer can add that causes blind scan to find it or not? Maybe some one knows the truth why this happens? I would love to know this bit of info :)

Keep in mind that Lyngsat information is often outdated. The site is run from the other side of the Earth, and they cannot see our satellites. They rely on input from scanners, and these reports, especially reports concerning feeds, are sometimes obsolete.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts