Im new here

Maple Red

Original poster
May 15, 2004
Hello. My name is Vince and just wanted to ask a couple of questions concerning dishnetwork and their equipment. Is the 942 the best one for recording HD. I spoke to a csr just to feel things out and she suggested it for something like 250 dollars up front to lease it. Does this sound right?

Maple Red said:
Hello. My name is Vince and just wanted to ask a couple of questions concerning dishnetwork and their equipment. Is the 942 the best one for recording HD. I spoke to a csr just to feel things out and she suggested it for something like 250 dollars up front to lease it. Does this sound right?

By the way, I'm an old Voom customer.

I would not get the 942 as it is an "old" receiver and may not be capable of receiving any of the newer HD channels coming out on Feb 1. All the new HD channels will require MPEG-4 capable receivers.

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us. I will leave more detailed anwers to the experts. :)

I assume you are looking for an HD receiver? Are you also looking for a DVR?

See ya
Tony

Are those thieves still trying to sell 942's? Dang there ought to be some kind of law to protect folks from being duped like this.

Last edited:
Maple Red said:

:welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome
Welcome, Vince. You'll fit in around here well, if your first post is at 1:00 in the morning. The 942 WAS the best, but hold off until after 2/1 and get the ViP622. But, if you call Dishnetwork now, their CSR's might not know anything about them yet. Call them after 2/1. Good luck.

Yes as others have said wait untill the first of February. You will still have to pay up front but go for the VIP622 if you want to dvr hd.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts