I'm so angry!

Sat 119

Ok, I just read your previous post - SAT 119 is where the guide comes from - your dish needs adjusting. Do you know how to caculate what angles are needed on your dish or does your dad?

Dish Adjustment

Yes,

Someone will have to set the THREE angles on the dish outside so that it picks up Sat 110 AND Sat 119. The dish is oval shaped but you have to tilt the oval diagonally based on your geographic location to get the signal from both satellites and sat 119 is the most important of the two. I have mine set so that 119 gets 98 on the signal bar and sat 110 gets about 84. That way even if the rain storms get heavy I still have enough signal to keep the guide current.

8bitbytes said:
SAT 119 is where the guide comes from
That statement is INCORRECT the extended guide that the DVR's (522) need is only on 110. 119 only has the 44 hour guide.

I bet her problems went away after her dish was repointed. Signal strengths of 65 and 71 are crap for satellites 110 and 119.

My problem still exists.. this is lame! My dealer went out of business too I tried calling them personally after I discovered that I couldn't call Dish directly.... actually I might try using my cell phone. That may work.

Could the hard drive be dead or damaged? It may have been damaged during the move or installation. Do you hear drive activity (spinning and heads moving) when you try to boot the receiver.

Ok, your not dialing the correct number for dish, its 1- 800-333-3474, what ever number your dialing isnt to dish. Next your signal is to low and your probably not seeing the correct sats for your gear as you havent told us what sats its verifying in the switch test. Dont worry about the local guy that went out of business, call dish and schedule to have someone come out, tell them you moved and that you need your system installed and they will send someone out.

110 not 119? Ok, maybe I have it backwards but my 721 never works right unless I get 119 tuned in properly so how do you explain that? It would help if she could get an installer to look it over though. I have a friend here in Virginia and he had several instalers come and try to get his Dish Network to work where he lives and even with roof mount and clean sky, the signal won't budge over about 45. Talk about weird. He put DirecTV up and it worked fine. Go figure that.

Sounds like something interfering with the equipment on a frequency level if everything had been replaced. I've had 6 accounts that had sd local issues with the transponder or a series of transponders not coming in. Have had a dish 500 totaly replaced on all parts and it would go to 015 every so many minutes and not in any pattern, another would have screen jitters on all receivers even after replacing the lnbf, coax, grounding, grounding source.

EPG is on both 110 and 119, if your only receiving one satellite you will not get the full guide. Satellite 110 transponder 21, 22 Satellite 119 transponder 19
check to see that you are receiving signal on these transponders.

Can't use AIM, but have MSN messenger.

You guys think it has anything to do with her moving? Did you stay in the same town or general location? If it's plugged in, and dish hasn't changed your information, it may think it's being used illegally and stopping itself from working. You haven't mentioned if it's got a phone line attached or not though...

But the 65 is definetely a low signal. Seems like you'd still be able to do things with the box even if you can't get a live signal. Can you watch previously-recorded DVR events?

Calling dish should have helped you a long time ago, they should be able to find someone to come out and take a look at it. Last time I called about a problem they seemed more than willing to help me fix it.

Purogamer said:
You guys think it has anything to do with her moving? Did you stay in the same town or general location? If it's plugged in, and dish hasn't changed your information, it may think it's being used illegally and stopping itself from working. You haven't mentioned if it's got a phone line attached or not though...

The receivers arent that smart.

Purogamer said:
But the 65 is definetely a low signal. Seems like you'd still be able to do things with the box even if you can't get a live signal. Can you watch previously-recorded DVR events?
Agread and just as curios though she hasnt replied in a few days.

Purogamer said:
Calling dish should have helped you a long time ago, they should be able to find someone to come out and take a look at it. Last time I called about a problem they seemed more than willing to help me fix it.

Maybe but it took a few days to get more information out of her that shed light on what was going on, also she may have had a bad run or two with not so competant tech csr's. A few of my customers have had 8 - 20 calls in to tech support over a multi month period, one had 15 months of them before they ( tech support ) decided to send out a tech.

I have never even heard anything like that, as long as the case hasn't been taken apart.
Not having a phone line connected wouldn't stop it from receiving signal, and if it was an issue there would be a prompt to connect the phone line and run another test.
I agree should've called Dish to aleast tell them to knock off some of the programming, since it isn't working. That way you wouldn't be charged as if you received a full month of programming. Their customer service people don't know
a whole lot about the equipment though, neither do some of their techs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)