I'm so glad I switched from Dish to DirecTV last year...

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
So many channel disputes Dish has. Another one might come up tomorrow. Geez. I don't usually watch CNN much but there are good shows on it. I watch Cartoon Network and Boomerang a lot. But these stations are back, but now ANOTHER dispute is coming tomorrow with the CBS stations. I watch CBS a lot. Wow. Disputes are all over the place with Dish. Remember the one with AMC?

Somebody has been drinking too much kool-aid.

Posted via Kindle Fire HD

I agree, not sure if it's because I am a bit older, busy but I just don't get that worked up, I read the facebook comments for a good laugh at the venom people spew, kind of amazing

What Dish does is actually my business since I'm a retailer and I also have been a Dish customer for a very long time yet I don't get worked up about these things either.

I even had two of my TVs not working the entire day even though I pay much more than the average customer yet I still didn't complain. Why? Because it's not a big deal.

What Dish does is actually my business since I'm a retailer and I also have been a Dish customer for a very long time yet I don't get worked up about these things either.

I even had two of my TVs not working the entire day even though I pay much more than the average customer yet I still didn't complain. Why? Because it's not a big deal.

Yea I just figure when the channels come back, they will. Dish has always been good with credits and again the anger I see with folks commenting, it's crazy

SBut these stations are back, but now ANOTHER dispute is coming tomorrow with the CBS stations. I watch CBS a lot.
and it wouldn't affect you in Rochester as KIMT 3 is NOT owned by CBS. Yes it would affect it if you lived in the Minneapolis market. But since you don't it wouldn't affect you.

I'm so glad that tv doesn't interest me like it used to, so disputes mean nothing anymore.
agreed. I just chuckle at these disputes. The only person who loses is the customer.
The providers say "oh we are looking out for you". Nah they are looking out for their bottom line (more $$$$)
The channels say "oh make sure ______ keeps us". If the provider drops them their value becomes less

Reactions: GaryPen
and it wouldn't affect you in Rochester as KIMT 3 is NOT owned by CBS. Yes it would affect it if you lived in the Minneapolis market. But since you don't it wouldn't affect you.
When I had Dish I "moved" to Minneapolis, so. And guys, I didn't mean any disrespect to you Dish guys. I actually feel bad for the Dish customers is what I meant.

When I had Dish I "moved" to Minneapolis, so. And guys, I didn't mean any disrespect to you Dish guys. I actually feel bad for the Dish customers is what I meant.
I appreciate the empathy. Being a Dish sub has been hard the last couple of years. You never know if food will be on the table for dinner. The water shortages from the Dish related drought makes it so we can't even water our lawns.

I'd switch in a second to Directv if I didn't fear Charlie Ergen would smother my face with a pillow in my sleep.

Reactions: Elkview
True, DirecTV has disputes, but they tend to not last as long and are fewer. Many of them, such as The Weather Channel, stop being in demand as well.

That may be true but it only takes one of your favorite channels to be dropped and you sitting in the same boat but now under contract. I'm not trying to say you shouldn't switch because I feel Dish is better than DirecTV, I'm just saying that DirecTV isn't immune to the issues you feel Dish has. DirecTV isn't all that different than Dish.

Reactions: Mr Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)