Cocoa Beach Baby!
Current Setup

1 322
1 322
1 510
1 dish500 at 110 & 119
1 dish300 at 61.5
1 dp34 switch

This setup has served me well for the last 8(?) years or so. However, I recently got 2 new HD tvs. One for the main viewing area and one for the bedroom.

What I was thinking was upgrading one of the 322s and the 510 to 2 VIP211k and activating the dvr function on one.

I think I read some where on here that its 39.99$ one time activation per box, and I really only need the one dvr like I was using before.

Do I really need to upgrade the dishes to get the HD content? Can I get by without upgrading the dishes? Only getting limited HD? This is the part where I'm in the need of advice.

Thanks...

edit: well crap, I posted this in the wrong area I think, please move to right area?!

I think I read some where on here that its 39.99$ one time activation per box, and I really only need the one dvr like I was using before.

Do I really need to upgrade the dishes to get the HD content? Can I get by without upgrading the dishes? Only getting limited HD? This is the part where I'm in the need of advice.

Thanks...

edit: well crap, I posted this in the wrong area I think, please move to right area?!
OK
Well the $39.99 is all 211's on the account. Not Each.
Keep in mind, the DVR's 612,622,722 carry another $39.99 for External Hardrive expansion Per account.

If you want the New HD you need a 1000.2 or.4 Dish depending on where your HD locals are located.
The 1000.4 setup is MPEG 4 only which means you can't use any SD receiver at all with this set up. VIP receivers only. Thats would cause a major Upgrade for you, at your expense.